GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sirius xm channels only go up to 299 but my package has more channels then that. Sirius said i need to call a dealer to expand my channels past 299. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
This is a hardware issue. The tuner that GM installed in these vehicles only goes up to a certain channel. There is nothing the dealer can do to remedy this. This is not just a GM issue. Other manufacturers, for example Mazda, also have satellite radio tuners in their hardware that limit the number of channels that can be tuned in with SiriusXM.

It isn't just the Equinox that has this issue. The owners over on the Corvette forum have complained about this issue too.

If there is something that you want to listen to, and it cannot be tuned in on the car's head unit, you might have to stream it via the SiriusXM app if you have that feature included with your plan.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If there is something that you want to listen to, and it cannot be tuned in on the car's head unit, you might have to stream it via the SiriusXM app if you have that feature included with your plan.
I logged into my XM account about a year ago and was greeted with a message that my account now included streaming. I never knew it and XM never notified me. But it does work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts