GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon this interview with the Equinox Design Manager at GM on TFL Car so I thought I would share. He goes over the redesign and the thoughts behind the changes.

http://youtu.be/nk0NCml40QA

Gotta say... While it does look better, I'm a bit disappointed in how minimal the changes seem to be. I was hoping for more inside and maybe a few more sheet metal tweaks.

·
Registered
515 Posts
These are pretty good changes for one year. The '17 should be a major change. The refresh should
continue on for about two years for commercial and fleet sales.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
RobtRoma said:
I stumbled upon this interview with the Equinox Design Manager at GM on TFL Car so I thought I would share. He goes over the redesign and the thoughts behind the changes.

http://youtu.be/nk0NCml40QA

Gotta say... While it does look better, I'm a bit disappointed in how minimal the changes seem to be. I was hoping for more inside and maybe a few more sheet metal tweaks.
Yes, it is just a refresh. A car maker not put major sheet metal and interior changes when a new model is just around the bend. Frankly, I am surprised the did not do the refresh this year or last. This was reported on last week already by the way, and amounts to just front and rear bumper fascia, headlights, foglights and tail light changes. Inside, just a bit of change in the radio center console and screen.

·
Registered
475 Posts
JayTee2014 said:
Yes, it is just a refresh. A car maker not put major sheet metal and interior changes when a new model is just around the bend. Frankly, I am surprised the did not do the refresh this year or last. This was reported on last week already by the way, and amounts to just front and rear bumper fascia, headlights, foglights and tail light changes. Inside, just a bit of change in the radio center console and screen.
I also noticed they changed the shifter a little and moved the transmission range +- button to the top of the shifter.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JayTee2014 said:
Yup... I get all that. Ford did the same thing with the Escape with the 05 refresh. I guess I was hoping for something a little closer to the Escape's 08 refresh where they did a bit more. But I do understand why they did what they did. From a financial aspect, it makes sense. The current vehicle sells very well, GM has issued a lot of recalls lately that sucked up resourses, and they are coming out with a complete redesign in the next 2-3 years. I agree it should have been done for the 2015 MY but it is what it is.

I also saw the posts from last week. This post was more about the design insights from the interview than breaking news...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts