GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum and have only had my 2015 since February. For the last couple of months have been detecting a destinct gas smell upon start up, especially after the suv has been sitting for a while, it doesn't last while driving, just upon starting. Anyone else ever experience this? I googled it and on older models it suggested it might be a fuel pressure regulator, but for the life of me I can't find anything specific to the 2015, nor any replacement fuel pressure regulator for a 2015. HELP!!! please :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I guess it could possibly be a cracked exhaust manifold. The 4cyl Terrains are known to have this problem. I had to have mine replaced for cracking. Might be worth a look to rule it out as the cause.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the issue is still happening, is worse when nose of car is on a downslope, but I've notice if I have eco mode on, it doesn't seem to do it as much, not sure why. I'm wondering if it might be an issue with the fuel rail pressure sensor perhaps?

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you are smelling gas, get underneath & follow the gas lines thoroughly from engine to the tank. On HHRs the gas line is prone to a leak above the wheels, if you live in snow & salt areas.

That corrodes the line especially where they have a coating it traps the salt etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts