GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2015 Terrain SLE 2 and decided to upgrade the maps and to my shock (and annoyance), GM decided to discontinue the nav updates for my terrain. I tired several dealers and after calling GM, they could not give me an answer on why they discontinued the map updates on a 6 year old truck..... I also had the same issue with trying to locate a cargo cover and GM directed me to search the aftermarket.....

·
Registered
511 Posts
OEM cargo covers are readily available on eBay brand new.

The nav system, however, is unfortunate and one of the drawbacks of OEM nav systems. The automakers update them for a few years, then stop supporting them when the latest and greatest model comes out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I avoid those fancy gadgets that is why I got myself an Garmin GPS with life time map updates. It saved a lot of cash and it is transportable between my vehicles. I place it on the dash with a friction mount base, it lines up with my eyesight and it is much safer than looking down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OEM cargo covers are readily available on eBay brand new.

The nav system, however, is unfortunate and one of the drawbacks of OEM nav systems. The automakers update them for a few years, then stop supporting them when the latest and greatest model comes out.
No they are not, they are all discontinued, I tried ordering the cargo shade from Amazon and the seller never sent it because he could not find one

·
Registered
511 Posts
If you can't find an OEM cargo shade, there are numerous direct fit aftermarket options. There are solutions if you take the time to look. Ebay will be your best source. A quick search turned up used OEM cargo shades in addition to several listings for brand new aftermarket direct fit options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you can't find an OEM cargo shade, there are numerous direct fit aftermarket options. There are solutions if you take the time to look. Ebay will be your best source. A quick search turned up used OEM cargo shades in addition to several listings for brand new aftermarket direct fit options.
I am talking about the Navigation USB/CD, It is discontinued everywhere, I gave up on the cargo shade a while ago and just got a tall storage bin and made my own solution

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll probably have to go that route, It just annoys me that I cant use something that I paid for and I know after while they will stop with updates but on a 6 year old vehicle??? Wow GM. And to add insult to injury, I can still order parts from my local dealer for my 2008 Saturn Vue (Which I traded for the Terrain in 2018 but I probably should have fixed and kept longer)
I avoid those fancy gadgets that is why I got myself an Garmin GPS with life time map updates. It saved a lot of cash and it is transportable between my vehicles. I place it on the dash with a friction mount base, it lines up with my eyesight and it is much safer than looking down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts