GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mode door actuator is bad, will be replacing this. The mechanic also said that the diagnostic on the blower resistor is bad, therefore we are replacing this also. The only other problem is the recirculation actuator, the mechanic said that this is working but moving really slow. He said that the blower resistor can affect the recirculation actuator so we are hoping that these two replacements do the job. The fear is that the recirculation actuator needs partial dash removed and said that would be very expensive. Could replacing the blower resistor fix the slow recirculation actuator?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
The mode door actuator is bad, will be replacing this. Could replacing the blower resistor fix the slow recirculation actuator?
You are talking about two different circuits here.
You already know the blower resistor is probably bad so change that first.
It is also one of the easier ones to do.

Do the mode next and save the recirculation for last for the obvious reasons.
Do you have the AUTO option?.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox LT 2LT 3.0 V6 AWD
71 Posts
Why would having the auto button make a difference? Just curious because I just replaced my blower and now my blend door is sticking. It has been stuck on hot and sometimes cold. I ordered the actuator and it should be here today.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
It has to do with the Blower Motor Control Module.
Both systems use a BMCM but in a different way.

The Manual system uses a resistor, the AUTO system uses a Pulse Width Modulated Circuit from the BCM.
There is more to it but that's the quick easy answer.

·
Registered
'16 Equinox LTZ AWD 3.6
1,627 Posts
I'll add that the Auto systems actuators get more of a workout also as they cycle themselves more than manual systems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The mode door actuator is bad, will be replacing this. The mechanic also said that the diagnostic on the blower resistor is bad, therefore we are replacing this also. The only other problem is the recirculation actuator, the mechanic said that this is working but moving really slow. He said that the blower resistor can affect the recirculation actuator so we are hoping that these two replacements do the job. The fear is that the recirculation actuator needs partial dash removed and said that would be very expensive. Could replacing the blower resistor fix the slow recirculation actuator?
Please report this issue to the NHTSA...it is more widespread than you think. A recall is needed. Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA

·
Registered
'16 Equinox LTZ AWD 3.6
1,627 Posts
Recalls are safety related. Heater issues are not safety related like brakes, steering or fires for example. NHTSA will do nothing. Here's a except from the NHTSA page,

What is a safety-related defect? Generally, a safety defect is a problem that poses a risk to motor vehicle safety, and may exist in a group of vehicles or equipment of the same design and/or manufacturer. An example of a safety-related defect is a steering component that breaks, causing a driver to lose control. However, an air conditioner that does not work properly isn't considered a safety-related defect, because it does not pose a risk to motor vehicle safety.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts