GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Equinox that is display all the mileages as dashes "-". The total vehicle mileage at the bottom of the DIC (between the gear and direction indicators) is all dashes ("------"). The Trip 1 and Trip 2 mileages are displayed as all dashes ("--.-").

I unhooked the negative cable from the battery and let it set a few minutes. No change. I hooked up a code reader to the ODBII - no codes.

How can I get the mileages to begin displaying again ?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
This usually is caused by a primary module (BCM, ECM, etc.) being replaced.
If the module repair is done at the dealer, the dealer will reflash the new one and the dashes will disappear.
This can also be caused by a faulty instrument cluster or communication problem between the cluster and one of the modules.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - it was working before the battery was really low. Would not start, wipers cycling, would not shift into any gear to push it out of the garage.

Jumped the battery, vehicle started and everything is working except the mileage displays. Battery is charged up and good now.

Sounds like it will be a dealer item to fix.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks - it was working before the battery was really low. Would not start, wipers cycling, would not shift into any gear to push it out of the garage.

Jumped the battery, vehicle started and everything is working except the mileage displays. Battery is charged up and good now.

Sounds like it will be a dealer item to fix.
Was there any resolution to this? We're experiencing this EXACT issue in our 2012 Terrain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts