GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

2015 Equinox LT Factory Amp Wiring

31K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Roachsmotel 
#1 ·
I would like to install an aftermarket 4 channel amp using the line in and out from the factory amp. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 2015 Equinox factory amp?

#2 ·
evarjohnson said:
I would like to install an aftermarket 4 channel amp using the line in and out from the factory amp. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 2015 Equinox factory amp?
First. . .. Welcome!
You are in luck! There is a LOT of info here from memebers who have installed aftermarket amps.
Please use the "Search" box in the upper right of the web page. Search using sev4eral key words of what you wish to find.

#3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Yep, good sage advice. I have trolled the forum and the web. There was an instructional video by 1LT that was pulled down before I could watch it. Unfortunately other info covers earlier models. Im looking to intercept the source speaker wiring prior to the factory amp and hook those to the high input of the new amp. Then from the output of the new amp run those speaker wires up to the post amp speaker wiring so I can avoid running speaker wiring all the way to the doors.

#4 ·
evarjohnson said:
Thanks for the welcome. Yep, good sage advice. I have trolled the forum and the web. There was an instructional video by 1LT that was pulled down before I could watch it. Unfortunately other info covers earlier models. Im looking to intercept the source speaker wiring prior to the factory amp and hook those to the high input of the new amp. Then from the output of the new amp run those speaker wires up to the post amp speaker wiring so I can avoid running speaker wiring all the way to the doors.
I only know the 2013, so maybe not applicable to your 2015, but for intercepting the source: the source signal from the 2013 head unit to the OEM amplifier is actually a low level source. So for a 2013, the source signals would need to be wired into the low level input of an aftermarket amplifier. (The OEM amplifier also has the crossovers, etc.)
And are you aware the OEM amplifier is underneath the driver's dash (at least for the 2013). It might be incredibly difficult to try to fit another aftermarket amplifier under there.

I've posted the low level wiring source colors for the 2013, but like you suggested, they could be different for the 2015.
Good luck, and I hope you'll share what you find. :thumb:

#12 ·
Hi my name is Nick Goree and I’m trying to wire up the factory amp that had been cut out of my 2013 Chevy equinox by the previous owner but can’t seem to find anything on the wire diagram for the wires that go into and come out of the amp it’s the pioneer sound system if u can help it wood be much apreciated

#6 ·
Solved Re: 2015 Equinox LT Factory Amp Wiring

I Spoke to my local contact at Chevy and he pulled this for me;

Pin Group Speaker Location Color + Pin Color - Pin
X2 Left Front Tweeter GY 1 TN 2
X2 Right Front Tweeter D-GN 11 L-GN 12
X2 Left Front Door GY 1 TN 2
X2 Right Front Door D-GN 11 L-GN 12
X2 Center Speaker YE 7 L-BU 8
X2 Left Rear Door BN 3 YE 4
X2 Right Rear Door D-BU 10 L-BU 9
X3 Subwoofer D-GN 3 L-BU/BK 2
X3 Subwoofer D-BU/WH 1 L-GN/BK 5

Attached is the wiring diagram coming out of the amp.

Attachments

#7 ·
Your diagram for 2015 is exactly the same as my 2014 diagram from the GM shop manual page 8-14, volume 1.

This diagram should be a MUST print and save for the forum members.
Thanks for posting.

#8 ·
evarjohnson, you've asked for two different things:
evarjohnson said:
and
evarjohnson said:
Im looking to intercept the source speaker wiring prior to the factory amp and hook those to the high input of the new amp.
Both ways would work, just be sure you wire up accordingly. Supposedly using the source wiring prior to the amp has less distortion. But the wiring diagram you've posted is for the line out from the amp to the speakers. (And I suppose is also inefficient.)
Good luck with your project. Hope you'll share some pictures of how it goes for you. :cheers:

#9 ·
I am bumping this old thread.
My younger son asked that I install an amp in my wife's 2015 Equinox. (It has the panasonic GA-130-COLR-NS headunit with a 7" color display.)
Looking at the above diagram, I see that it does not map to the pins used on either of the larger connectors (44-pin or 20-pin). I am trying to find the speaker outputs without resorting to taking a door panel off to find the speaker wire colors.)
I have ruled out the 20-pin connector as feeding the speakers because the following pins are not used (at least through #12): 1, 2, 3,4, 7, 11, 12
The 44-pin connector has the following wires on the first twelve pins:
1---NO connection, at this point can only assume that none of the other pins are correct
2-yellow
3-grey
6-blue/blk stripe
9-grey
10-green/white stripe
11-pink
I have searched all over to find the correct pinout for this amp to no avail. Does anyone have the correct info?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.