GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the battery on my 2015 Equinox. Does it matter what type of battery I purchase? The lease on the vehicle is up in three months and I will be turning it back in, therefore don't want to spend $200.00 just to buy a new battery for someone else. Walmart and Batteries Plus have car batteries in the $80.00 range, would these serve the purpose? I will be installing it myself. Tks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would take the battery to have it load tested before just replacing it. Then again if your having your car serviced by them ie doing the oil changes they may also have info on the battery on the sheet they give you. I mean I was going on an 8 year old battery in Wisconsin with my 2005 equinox before it was totaled out by the drunk driver running a stop sign.

·
Registered
492 Posts
When you say "type", if you are referring to the manufacturer of the battery, it probably does not matter (in your case).

If you are referring to the configuration of the battery, that is a different story. The Equinox computer sits atop the battery so you can't just toss in a generic battery. Physical size and form are specific for this vehicle and there is no way around that.

I've never leased before so I am wondering if a non-GM battery will cause you grief when they inspect the vehicle upon turn-in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts