GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was curious if someone could give me an educated guess. My 2014 Terrain Denali, V6, just started having A/C issues. I got it about 3 years ago used.

The A/C works when its, 60 or 70 out, but noticed it wasn't getting as cold as it used to. When it is 80 or 90 outside and in full sun, it slowly gets warmer and warmer and don't start working again until we let it sit in the shade and/or the temp gets to 70 or less, or perhaps its just time not running? Not 100% sure.

I hooked a gauge off of one of those A/C refill cans too it and it was just barely in the "low" green section, so I threw some in there back to the middle of the blue "good" section, and it does blow a bit colder when in the garage and 70 out, but drive it in 90 degree weather and it slowly goes out again. I think the compressor has to be working as the A/C will work again the next day.

Any idea what it could be or what to look at?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Charge is still low. Those can gauges are not accurate.
The solution is to put dye in the system and find and fix the leak then put a proper charge in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Charge is still low. Those can gauges are not accurate.
The solution is to put dye in the system and find and fix the leak then put a proper charge in.
Turned out to be the opposite problem, I accidentally overcharged it. The PSI looked OK when 70 or so out, but when the temp got to 85 or so the PSI was through the roof. Bleeding out some coolant while super hot out got it working again. Blows like 40F now.

I may have a small leak somewhere since it was just a tad low, but I ended up putting way too much in when I filled it. I had the symptoms pretty much exactly in this video:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts