GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Since jacking up the drivers side the other day to do some maintenance I now have an annoying creaking noise coming from the rear somewhere when starting from a stop and stopping. Sometimes on a bump but not too often then.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I do like fluid film but ::::::::: sprays are a band aid solution. In other words not solving the issue.

Search my previous posts on what the rear spring seat issue was. Also remember to adjust / lube rear life gate latches or “ blocks “.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
#PI0605: Slow Speed (Parking Lot Maneuver) Creak Type Noise When Braking or Accelerating - (Nov 3,
Condition/Concern
Some customers may comment on a front end creak noise when braking or accelerating at parking lot speeds.

This creak type noise may be caused by contact between the body and the front cradle mounts forward bolts.

Recommendation/Instructions
Replace the existing RH and LH front suspension frame (cradle) bolts with new bolts that are 4♦mm shorter.

Tighten

Tighten the bolts to 155♦Y (114♦lb♦ft).
bigb12359 is online now Report Post
Quote Multi-Quote Quick Reply
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 01:17 PM
bigb12359
Theta Freak

also , check liftgate adjustment , lube ( die electric grease ) at liftgate latch pocket ( black pockets on body side )
and latches at 3 points on liftgate. 2 on sides , one in center .

adjust rubbers ( screw in / out by hand ) bumpers

I have seen on left rear , coil spring wearing inside #15882987 insulator. Or also spring not seated properly.

hope this helps

bigb12359 is online now Report Post
Quote Multi-Quote Quick Reply

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the suggestions. The noise has been getting to be less often. Maybe whatever it was is settling back?

Will definitely be doing the greasing. All the noise was in the rear.

Also looking into the fluid film but I would have to find someone else to do that for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts