GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
, this is a video I found on YouTube that is exactly what my terrain is doing. Person who made video got rid of vehicle and never fixed problem, so not sure what is causing the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've also noticed sometimes when I stop at stoplight or a sign, it wants to surge/buck for a few seconds and then snaps out of it and drives fine. I'm sure the two issues are related to whatever is causing the problem.. I just recently bought vehicle and change out the two vvt solenoids but didn't help. The engine light also is not being tripped so no code to read. Thanks again for any suggestions for possible cause!

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 179k miles
4,611 Posts
@terrybrockert97 : I guess I’d be looking at the Throttle Position Sensor and the Throttle Body? In the video it appeared the ECM was not detecting the position of the pedal in real-time.

F.Y.I.: I see you created a duplicate Post after realizing you were in the wrong sub-Forum. You could’ve kept going and the Moderator would’ve moved the Post later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@terrybrockert97 : I guess I’d be looking at the Throttle Position Sensor and the Throttle Body? In the video it appeared the ECM was not detecting the position of the pedal in real-time.

F.Y.I.: I see you created a duplicate Post after realizing you were in the wrong sub-Forum. You could’ve kept going and the Moderator would’ve moved the Post later.
Yeah, I'm new to this forum and wasn't sure were to post question. Lol. Thanks for your suggestion on checking the throttle body and sensor. I'm kinda desperate right now and seems like it could be many potential things that could be causing problem.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 179k miles
4,611 Posts
@terrybrockert97 : have you tried putting “surging” in the SEARCH box? I know this problem has been mentioned here before. Maybe there’s a solution in one of those threads?

Also know some Members have had to completely replace the Throttle Body because (I believe) it has integral Sensors that cannot be replaced individually? You might find mention of this in one of those Search Threads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@terrybrockert97 : have you tried putting “surging” in the SEARCH box? I know this problem has been mentioned here before. Maybe there’s a solution in one of those threads? Also know some Members have had to completely replace the Throttle Body because (I believe) it has integral Sensors that cannot be replaced individually? You might find mention of this in one of those Search Threads.
I'll try searching under surging in search box and see if I can find something. Thanks again for all your help! Hopefully I can get something figured out. 🙏

1 - 5 of 5 Posts