GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
OBD port dead

I am looking at a 2010 shop manual.........the data link connector looks like it goes to fuse 36 which says data link connection in the shop manual and the owners manual.doe the car run and you just cant get the connector to work or does the car not start?
I was having this same issue. The check engine light came on in my 2012 Equinox. When I took it to Advanced Auto Parts they informed me that my OBD port was dead and that all of the fuses under the hood were good and none were blown. They said that I had to have a broken wire going to the OBD port and that I had to take it to a mechanic to be fixed. After reading this post I was able to find the second fuse box under the passenger side glove box and I checked fuse 36 labeled DLC. It was blown and after replacing it the OBD port worked perfectly again.

All of the shops around here wanted me to pay, at minimum, 100 bucks for the diagnostic fee to figure out the problem. I would have been pretty upset to learn that it was a fuse.

So thanks mgmsequinox for saving me 100 bucks or more!!

Turns out the check engine light wasn't that big of a deal and I was able to fix it myself as well.

·
Registered
10,788 Posts
All of the shops around here wanted me to pay, at minimum, 100 bucks for the diagnostic fee to figure out the problem. I would have been pretty upset to learn that it was a fuse.

So thanks mgmsequinox for saving me 100 bucks or more!!

You would have been even more upset when they replaced 3 more things before they finally replaced the fuse.

There ought to be a way that one can send an electronic beer to a forum member that has helped another member out. I am sure that many would use this capability. Humm, this is probably how something like PayPal first got developed.

Reactions: c&wsinbad

·
Registered
1 Posts
OBD port dead

I was having this same issue. The check engine light came on in my 2012 Equinox. When I took it to Advanced Auto Parts they informed me that my OBD port was dead and that all of the fuses under the hood were good and none were blown. They said that I had to have a broken wire going to the OBD port and that I had to take it to a mechanic to be fixed. After reading this post I was able to find the second fuse box under the passenger side glove box and I checked fuse 36 labeled DLC. It was blown and after replacing it the OBD port worked perfectly again.
FUSE #36 on the left side of the passenger footwell fuse block was the answer for me too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK I'm just a girl when it comes to car talk but my old port is dead. & what is that white port in lamens terms please. & my ker won't go to off & come out without using emergency release hole & screwdriver?? Why????

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 174.6k miles
4,516 Posts
OK I'm just a girl when it comes to car talk but my old port is dead. & what is that white port in lamens terms please. & my ker won't go to off & come out without using emergency release hole & screwdriver?? Why????
Key can get stuck if the battery is bad (or low). Had that happen to me once right after I bought my 2011 brand new and GM botched the programming of the interior courtesy lights, killing the battery!

If you're talking about that narrow, white connector/port to the right of the OBD port, it's the 12-pin Low Speed GMLAN Serial Data connector (either JX201 or JX202 ... with a different pin-out depending on Trim Level).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts