GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I just bought a used 2014 Equinox LS it looks like it has all the hands free equipment built in, but when I try to pair the phone and I push the menu button for the Phone Settings the on screen display says "Not Available". I just want to use it to make calls I don't care about listing to music. Has this feature been disabled in this model and is there a way to enable it? I watched all the videos on pairing and nothing seems to work. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Bluetooth for phone was available in the 2014 Equinox, my 2014 LTZ has that option.
It depends on your trim level and which radio unit you have.
Mine is the eight speaker Pioneer system, color screen, with MyLink.
Did you get a seprate entertainment system booklet with your owners manual?

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
vehicles are built with the buttons in place- even though they may not work.
An example.
on the 1st generation Traverse....
the buttons were there. But some items were based on trim level. so the LT or LTZ could have a feature that was an option- but the LS does not.
Also- on the Traverse- if the vehicles were sold to say Enterprice rent a car or another large rental company- they actually had an RPO code.
The RPO made it easy to tell the vehicle was built to rental vehicles options. I believe one thing that was deleted was Onstar and Bluetooth.

We would get forum members who joined- needing help- they had just bought a used vehicle- but they could not get BT to work.
Turns out it was never installed from factory. They would look at the RPO code and find that special code.

Reactions: rednox301

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
look at your RPO codes.
UPG = Bluetooth for phone.

also seen UPF=bluetooth for phone

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
look at your RPO codes.
UPG = Bluetooth for phone.

also seen UPF=bluetooth for phone
On the 2014 Equinox, UPF is for bluetooth voice recognition.
UP9 is for bluetooth streaming audio and voice on the higher trim levels like LTZ.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
thanks for that.
It appears Uxx RPOs are related to BT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 2014 Equinox LS. I was able to pair the factory radio with my iPhone and make hands free calls, but couldn't get it to play songs through Bluetooth.
So I replaced the factory radio with a Pioneer media receiver from Crutchfield. Installed it myself and came out pretty good. Now I can make handsfree calls, play songs and got Apple Play. Picture attached.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts