GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

2014 2.4L Intermittent P0014

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  J Wikoff 
#1 ·
Hi, 1st post.

My sister in law's 14 Equinox 2.4L has an intermittent P0014. I replaced the cam actuator solenoids (both, for good measure, Dorman brand), and cleared the code. It was fine for a couple days, but has since come, gone, and come again over the few days after that. It does not seem to have any drivability issues.

Thoughts on what to do next?

Edit: more info...

The light came on shortly before an oil change. I cleared the code after, but it persisted until I changed the solenoid several days later. I did check the oil level and it was good. Oil change receipt says it got 5w30 like it should have.

#2 ·
I would first change the oil and filter, then reset the ecu again then if it pops up again you will have to look into those doorman parts... Next time go with acdelco... The next possible problem would be the camshaft sprockets... Pain in the butt. Be very careful if u do go that route not to throw the valve timing off... Look at the harness and connectors. Possibly if u have the old actuators blow them out and re use them.

#5 · (Edited)
just take off the valve cover...the sprockets well...u will see those also i guess they could bind but if your going that route you are going to want a whole new timing chain and camshaft sprockets balance chain water pump ect.....it came on right after an oil change? do not get me started lol.... hopefully ur running DEXOS rated 5w30... doesn't really sound like they did....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.