GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 GMC Terrain with 96k, runs fine, no stalling, check engine light keeps coming on and off depending on the day. No code has shown up with hooked up to diagnostic machine.

ANYONE?
I thought maybe it was the air filter- if its after market and not from original does that matter? Preference?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
2013 GMC Terrain with 96k, runs fine, no stalling, check engine light keeps coming on and off depending on the day. No code has shown up with hooked up to diagnostic machine.

ANYONE?
I thought maybe it was the air filter- if its after market and not from original does that matter? Preference?
I'd be driving around with my OBD-II code reader, ready to read that code as soon as it pops up. Probably something minor like gas cap "small leak" code. Try re-seating the cap.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts

Probably not the air filter itself but a connector could have moved in the process of changing it.
You could have a sensor slightly out of range as a cause of the on/off trouble code, such as a wheel bearing sensor.
If your CEL is on at times a code is being set.
You may need a higher level scanner or more experenced auto technician.

What engine do you have?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts