GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just bought 1 wish I knew this 2 weeks ago and I work 4 GM guess I will buy the grill and put the Denali badge on and pose out I have everything else power lift gate wheels touch nav w/ back up cam they got me

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Bhacker15 said:
I just bought 1 wish I knew this 2 weeks ago and I work 4 GM guess I will buy the grill and put the Denali badge on and pose out I have everything else power lift gate wheels touch nav w/ back up cam they got me
Don't forget the exhaust,, and the rear lower bumper cover to go with it ;)[/color]

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I knew this was coming and still went ahead and bought my SLT2.

While I am glad they show some restraint on the outside vs the Arcadia Denali I feel they could have done a little more option wise to make this worth the extra money they will ask. The 3.6 will be nice but based on other Denali mark ups I do not expect it would be worth the extra money. Denali markups are normally a pretty good jump.

But to be fair GMC is in a pickle here as they can not afford to move up too much as they will tread on the Arcadia and if they offer too much they will step on the SRX toes.

I would have like to have seen them offer Denali only things like Duel zone climate control and wheels. Also No 4 cylinder option. This model should have had features that you can use and either not get or seldom see on most Terrains. Even a standard Entertainment system.

But the important thing is this package as it is will be very cheap and easy to adapt to the present verhicle and will provide a new interest in the press and most important an easy added profit from those who purchase it.

For the most part it is a SLT with more chome and a bigger engine. Oh and lighted rocker sills.

I do wonder if they will keep the SLT or replace it with this model since it is so close in content.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
hyperv6 said:
I would have like to have seen them offer Denali only things like Duel zone climate control and wheels. Also No 4 cylinder option.
Actually they are still going to offer the 4cylinder option. Just look on gmc's website. I am curious to see how many people would choose it though since if you can afford a Denali then you could prob afford a V6 and prob not to concerned about gas prices lol. I wonder how much the new V6 option will be compared.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
bowtieman said:
Actually they are still going to offer the 4cylinder option. Just look on gmc's website. I am curious to see how many people would choose it though since if you can afford a Denali then you could prob afford a V6 and prob not to concerned about gas prices lol. I wonder how much the new V6 option will be compared.
My point is they should not offer the 4 cylinder. In most other Denali packages GMC offers they either offer the top engine or in some cases a larger engine not offered in other models in the line.

Denali is to be a top model with pretty much everything and things not offered on other models in th line. This is why I would think they should offer things like Duel Zone, Heads up displays and other technology and options vs the other models.

All we have here is a SLT2 with a bigger engine lighted rockers and extra trim of wood and chrome. I expect they will tag this with a price no less than $2000-3000 more over the SLT2. The only way I see the presented package being worth anymore is if they replace the SLT with it and place it in that price point.

The other question is will the 3.6 be offered in the SLT or any other models or will it be a Denali option only. Will in time replace the 3.0 since it gets the same MPG.

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
hyperv6 said:
The other question is will the 3.6 be offered in the SLT or any other models or will it be a Denali option only. Will in time replace the 3.0 since it gets the same MPG.
From what I read, it sounds like the the 3.6 will replace the 3.0 across the line in all of the Thetas.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
RIT333 said:
From what I read, it sounds like the the 3.6 will replace the 3.0 across the line in all of the Thetas.
I think that is what they are doing.

That also may be why they have the $1000 off on the 3.0 V6 now to clear out the 3.0 engines. I know they say there is a shortage of 2.4 engines but they also have built out the 2.4 as the 2.5 will be starting production soon for 2013. The 37 HP will help but the 3.0 is not really that bad for the kind of vehicle this is in. I am sure there will be a price increase somewhere to pay for it.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Ahhh i see what you mean hyperv6.

Yea vey interesting how they are offering this 4 cylinder option on a Denali. But maybe its a good sign people out there still want better fuel economy since slightly better for mother nature and still roll in style with the Denali. Now if they can just make a V8 get 100mpg we will be set lol

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
bowtieman said:
Ahhh i see what you mean hyperv6.

Yea vey interesting how they are offering this 4 cylinder option on a Denali. But maybe its a good sign people out there still want better fuel economy since slightly better for mother nature and still roll in style with the Denali. Now if they can just make a V8 get 100mpg we will be set lol
The truth is GMC I would say is hedging their bet that if gas goes up they can still sell the Terrain with $5 a gallon gas. Most people are more worried about their wallet vs the enviroment outside California.

I think they would be thrilled to get 100 MPG with even 4 cylinders. The fact is the 54.5 CAFE in 2025 will fundementaly change what and how we drive. The average American has no idea how it will effect them. Unless there is some great breakthrough we all will be in very small light and underpowered cars or in cars with some line of gas and electric drive. This is why GM is not giving up easy on the Volt and future system. Look for E assite to become standard on many cars in the near future. While cars get smaller they also will get more expensive.

A GM engineer said that he would not be suprised if the full size SUV goes away. They also are are talking how sound and entertainment systems in cars may only be speakers and a plug and most will run off a Smart Phone to save weight. That is how desperate they are. Think that it can't happen GMC now has Pandora that runs off the Smart Phone. That is only the first step.

·
Registered
673 Posts
in 2025 we will be listening to music on the pandora app using a iPhone 21S living on Pandora :confused:

Last time we had a gas "shortage" a few years back they said the same thing SUV's are dead....I see more SUV's now then I did a few years ago.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
NODES said:
in 2025 we will be listening to music on the pandora app using a iPhone 21S living on Pandora :confused:

Last time we had a gas "shortage" a few years back they said the same thing SUV's are dead....I see more SUV's now then I did a few years ago.
No it is an example of how the smart phone is already being intergrated into your vehicle. They will use this to take advantage to remove weight. This is not my opinion but what the automakers are saying. There are no magic bullets here in the engine department and alll options are on the table.

The key right now is the improvment and acceptance of the high MPG cars like the Volt and other systems out there. They want to cut the prices and get more people to buy them. If not the extra MPG will be added to the present gas cars one way or the other mostly throught size and weight.

This is not a gas shortage we are speaking about this is the goverment mandate for 54.5 MPG by 2025. The companies are begging for an appeal in 2018 based on the progress they have made but it is likely.

There was a great story on this in Autoweek about two weeks ago and it laid it all out from both sides. It is not going to be pretty. Chevy is not promoting the Spark because they want it.

One thing many are unaware of is that companies over the cap can sell off credits to others not making the cap. Kind of like the carbon trading credits. THis will also have a major impact on who sells what.

The other issue is that 3/4 ton and larger trucks have more lax regs and may lead the companies to up rate their trucks to miss the caps. That is till the goverment puts a stop to it.

There is a lot for the public to learn what the new Gov Regs will do to them and the cars they love.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
The front collison will be the first thing many will turn off.

It is on our 2012 and is a pain.

The lane warning is even worse as you don't have to even go over a line on a back road and it goes off. Lets face it if you are driving do you really need a red light to come on if you are going down the road to warn you of the car that is infront of you? It is called put down the cell phone.

I am just waiting to see the price as most other GMC Denali's are normally a large mark up for what you get but they do make a good profit for GMC. If people will pay the money they need to add the bling.

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
Jenniebeeb said:
Also, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a power adjustable seat for the front passenger. Pretty much the only feature that I wish my SLT-2 had, that it doesn't have.
When the Denali comes out, you will be able to buy the power passenger seat mechanics, and put it in your car. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Looks like some great improvements both cosmetically and power wise....but I'm afraid the pricetag on this thing would force people to consider what else they could get for the same amount, and once you near the $40k mark there are a LOT of choices to consider. ;)

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I expect a price starting at $38 and going up from there with the few options it will have. If you get it with everything it will be over $40K. I just don't see enough yet in the package to justify the large price.

Even now the SLT-2 FWD is around $35K-36K and the AWD 36K-38K if you get the entertainment package.

Unless they offered more I would be hard pressed to pony up the extra money. Now if the 3.6 was only available this way It might make me think but just for bling I would have to stay with the SLT. Once you get to $40K there are a lot more options for vehicles to consider. Some are pretty tempting.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Just curious...
Have you ever seen a Denali package on any vehicle that was worth..and justified the extra high cost...?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Phantm006 said:
If anyone is interested. Looks like they've also added a power adjustable seat for the front passenger.
Excellent, now the correct parts could be ordered and fab up our non powered pass. seats.
Nice!![/color]

1 - 20 of 57 Posts