GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member in Virginia.

Just purchased a new to me 2013 GMC Terrain Denali out of Georgia Car is a two owner with 102,000 mi. Very well maintained.Has the v6 with the 19-in wheels. Does not appear to have any issue.

Trying to understand a couple things about the car. Really could use some feedback.

In the market for new tires. Not real thrilled with the 19-in selection. Thinking about going 18 or going 20 wondering what the experience of the forum is on this subject. In addition if I change wheel size do I need to change struts and shocks. Seems like the 19-in struts, are double the cost of those for the 18-in wheels. so I really would like to have some input there as well I don't necessarily want to be forced into upgrading struts and shocks if The best bet is just to bite the bullet & buy 19-in tires.

Last but not least air conditioning seems inconsistent on days above 70 it blows warm air on days below 50 it blows cool air.

Thinking it might need to be recharged however have not attempted this yet. Thanks for helping insight appreciate any feedback

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The 19 inch wheel and tire option was used on only a few vehicles.
Front steering and suspension components are different in the 19's, see link below.
Price on the struts are pretty close depending where you buy.

The problem comes in the steering gear is different.
Go into the steering section in the link below for part numbers.
I would stay with the 19" wheels and tires.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-parts/2013/gmc/terrain/denali-trim/3-6l-v6-flex-engine/front-suspension-cat/struts-and-components-scat

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good info..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts