GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can help narrow down the large list of possibilities that could be causing these codes to be permanently displayed... I have to do the work myself if in any way possible as I can't afford any sort of mechanic at this point...

More info: it all started with what seemed like low idling when in gear and at a stop (while moving or in neutral/park it seemed fine). But that had been going on for a while and the previous owner had mechanics look at it, but they never found anything wrong. Now once it reaches temp it reduced engine power, but not until it reaches the normal driving temp even though it will stay that way even after shutting it off and starting it again. After getting that message and the CEL I used a Bluetooth OBDII scanner I have and got these codes but they didn't exactly narrow it down like I had hoped. My best guess is fuel pump or sensor? But I'm quite far from being any sort of mechanic...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ok. The p0430 don't look into that yet. It's going to pop up if u have problems won't effect anything. All those other codes should clear when u find the one problem... U need to access data from a scanner to let u know psi of fuel... It should tell u if u are having misfires in a certain cylender. With a slew of codes like that I would first reset everything disconnect battery ECT then during idle relearn procedure see what code comes up very first... Also the idle relearn/reset maybe...might fix the problem.

·
Registered
254 Posts
P0089 fuel pressure regulator
P0191 fuel rail pressure performance
P228d fuel pressure regulator 1( in driver side wheel well)
P0430 is bank 2 cat converter below threshold
....is this a v6?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delayed response, this is the v4. And I can read the psi of the fuel but I don't have any idea of what to reference it against

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats the idle reset/relearn process? Just automatic after the battery is reconnected?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts