GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife loves her equinox. 2.4 great mileage , uses it for work, home Healthcare. It started cutting off when hot at long stops, 20 to 30 Seconds. Does the whole deal reduced power/stabilitrac etc. Checked code and it had a po191. So, replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor, also cleaned pcv office.then I found the fuel pump was leaking fuel into the engine..replace that pump. Still cutting off so bought another sensor , this time bought a acdelco version. No help.
So I took it to a dealership for diagnostic. Dealer wanted 1625.00 to replace the injectors. Paid 150 for the diagnostics and bought new acdelco injectors and replaced them . Still cuts off. Though might be a airflow sensor. Replaced with new OE sensor. No change....
Any ideas? In tank pump? Worn cam lobes for fuel pump? Grasping at straws here. Was ASE certified master tech for over 20 year. I'm lost..... Help... Thanks for any ideas.....Lonnie

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 174.6k miles
4,510 Posts
Also vehicle uses oil like most 2.4s do
What's the Build Date (driver's door jamb?)? Sounds like it needs the Piston Rings replaced.

Probably should hook up an OBD-2 reader with data logging to capture some Trend Data. That might give some insight into what's going on...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts