GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently I received a notice to service side detection system. When I go into vehicle settings to collision it doesn't even have the option to turn it on or off anymore. The side marker lights on the mirror never light up any more either. Anyone have any issues with this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2013 Denali also that the side detection system just stop working 2 days ago, not sure whats up with it.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
hi ,

Document ID: 4426193
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#16-NA-069: Side Detection System Unavailable or Intermittently Side Blind Zone Stops Working - (Mar 3, 2016)
Subject: Side Detection System Unavailable or Intermittently Side Blind Zone Stops Working

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brand:
Model:
Model Year:
VIN:
Engine:
Transmission:

from
to
from
to

Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC
All GM Passenger Cars and Trucks
All
All

Condition
Some customers may comment that the “Side Object Detection System Disabled” message appears on the DIC.

When the condition occurs, the vehicle is typically being driven in open area locations where there is insufficient data for operation.

Cause
The system is actually designed to become disabled under certain conditions.

Additional Options
Equipped with Active Safety Side Object Detection

Correction
Important: Do NOT replace any parts for this condition.

The vehicle does not need service for this condition.

Object ID: 4428347Click here for detailed picture of the image.

If the radar does not see any vehicles, structures, or objects for 15-25 minutes of driving, the system may think its blocked and display the “Side Object Detection System Disabled” message. The system will remain disabled for the remainder of the ignition cycle although the message will dismiss after a short period. The system will be enabled again on the next ignition cycle.

For more information regarding the side detection system, refer to Object Detection System Messages in SI.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just recently I received a notice to service side detection system. When I go into vehicle settings to collision it doesn't even have the option to turn it on or off anymore. The side marker lights on the mirror never light up any more either. Anyone have any issues with this?
Mine started coming on about a month ago. I also have a 2013 GMC Terrain Denali. I was just at the dealer and it's going to be a $700 repair to replace the module. I'm trying to find the part number and order it and replace it myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine started coming on about a month ago. I also have a 2013 GMC Terrain Denali. I was just at the dealer and it's going to be a $700 repair to replace the module. I'm trying to find the part number and order it and replace it myself.
yes told me mines was from salt and corrosion needed a new module and harness. It is located under the back bumper. 2013 Terrain Denali

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gm has a poor design with the side detection module. It is not water tight. It lets water in and the module corrodes. I have a buick Verano and have had to replace the module 3 times in 42,000 kilometers. GM is certainly aware of the problem but they have not redesigned the module to make it more waterproof. They keep replacing it with the same poorly designed part ( Part # 22960642). Many Cadillac and Buick owners have had problems

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have heard that these modules have to be programmed before being installed, so this might make it impossible for me to replace them myself. Does anyone know if this is true? I drive a 2015 Terrain Denali

1 - 7 of 7 Posts