GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So more then likely it seems I have bassroll off. and wonderinf if anyone knew what wire to tab into to bypass this. Doing a HZ test it seems as though barely gettign any around 33hz and below, but at 40hz its definitely super load.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm impressed they went that low. Must be premium sound. I don't know if the door speakers will make that much noise at those lower frequencies. I'm sure there still pumping just too slow to hear. There's no bypass

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's coming that way directly from the stereo? Was hoping it was doing that from the amp. But yeah I used a few freq generators to test it out. A few of them just to make sure. At 40hz you can definitely here it start to drop super fast.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The audio signal is full range from the factory source unit to the amp under the steering wheel. That's where you want to capture the signal and use it for your aftermarket gear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So maybe I'm currently tapping into it after the amp instead of before the amp. Maybe its the amp that has teh bass roll off

The audio signal is full range from the factory source unit to the amp under the steering wheel. That's where you want to capture the signal and use it for your aftermarket gear.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes, the Pioneer amps(even the base models have Pioneer) have a processor built into them that manipulates the signal. Using post amp is not a good idea on these vehicles (2010-2017). You already have 4 line level(RCA) signals that work beautifully and do not require a line converter.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sorry for the delay, they are not actual RCA's but are line level(same as RCA) outputs from the radio that you can capture before the amp. Clean,full range signals that do not require a line converter and frankly produce virtually zero noise because they are balanced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No problem, Actually was waiting to tear about may vehicle looking for RCA plugs lol. So looks like I need to tab into the wires from teh blk plug, when currently been tapping into the wires from teh breen plug whch from my understand is after the stocc amp processes the sound and maybe why I'm not getting much from anythng around 30-35hz and below.

I tried to plug the the hardens to get a better look but for some reason its not releasing after pressing down on the clip. Do I just need to pull be more forces or is there something that I'm missing. As you can tell trying not to damage anything.

This the the plug under the plug under the green one with I'm guessing is the wires coming directly from the headunit. For some reason it doesn't seem to match the colors other digrams have shown.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Push the tab down and just work it out of the amp,might be a bit tight.

In your picture the signals are the bottom wires.The channels run side by side and not up and down within the connector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK thanks, was epecting it to just slide out after pressing down the tab. Didn't want to break it and be stucc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts