GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Rit said:
I would do the inexpensive/easy stuff 1st. I would 1st put in a new air filter and collect some data. It still not better, then I'd clean the MAP sensor.

Why are you thinking of replacing the solenoids ? Did you get a check engine light ?
no check engine . what to replacing Intake & Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoids just to see if help

·
Registered
657 Posts
smooth78u said:
no check engine . what to replacing Intake & Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoids just to see if help
I wouldn't bother. Not likely anything wrong with them if no check engine light.

·
Registered
657 Posts
smooth78u said:
pep boys air filter. A3631 Wehn i take out was just lil diry.old oem air fiter was dirty not super dirty so i take myair compressor clean out
This must be the air filter you got from pep boys
Purolator Classic Air Filter
Part #: A36131

Maybe you didn't get it put in correctly and it wasn't sealing? Who knows.

I hate to see you waste your money by throwing it at the car. By the time you are done, you could have just purchased a new car ::)

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Make sure that you sealer the two halves of the air filter case, and that the bolts are all snugged.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
New to the Nox said:
This must be the air filter you got from pep boys
Purolator Classic Air Filter
Part #: A36131

Maybe you didn't get it put in correctly and it wasn't sealing? Who knows.

I hate to see you waste your money by throwing it at the car. By the time you are done, you could have just purchased a new car ::)
yea that air fiter.im think about get a new car next year before my warranty. Run out.try geting pay down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same on my 2012. I had to put in a new engine since my piston were shot. But I had to put in my old secondary air injector valve kits. Which my light is still on for code po0411.. I am still experiencing the jerking at stops after longer trips and when engine is warm, and like you said doesn't always happen, I'm still trying to figure out the issue since I am still having the issue after new engine. So I'm replacing those 2 valve kits to see of that fixes the issue. If it doesn't i know its nothing at all with the engine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Mr.jph said:
I have the exact same on my 2012. I had to put in a new engine since my piston were shot. But I had to put in my old secondary air injector valve kits. Which my light is still on for code po0411.. I am still experiencing the jerking at stops after longer trips and when engine is warm, and like you said doesn't always happen, I'm still trying to figure out the issue since I am still having the issue after new engine. So I'm replacing those 2 valve kits to see of that fixes the issue. If it doesn't i know its nothing at all with the engine.
I was thinking that yesterday maybe might one valev is sticking not totally sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I've been reading the comments and I have most all the same issues. I have a 2014 equinox 2.4 echo tech 4cyl and I have a refurbished engine as the 1st 2 blew the crank shafts (fun story) anyways, recently my car has been jumping while at a low speed 10mph and lower and worse at a stop and rpms jump at the same time, lights dim, and engine tries to stall out.. Only happens when the engine is warm and doesn't matter if eco mode is on or off. We replaced the plugs, No air leaks, replaced the timing chain as well because the guard got chewed up and just recently got a check engine light. Code basically reads " good luck idiot", fun times! We're all out of ideas right now, should the next step be the check the cam? This POS engine has been a nightmare.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts