GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
New to the Nox said:
Yes it can.
I just got my Nox with 58,000 miles on it. I had the transmission flushed. I gave the mechanic the fluid I wanted (used 12 quarts Valvoline full synthetic dexron vi to do the flush and fill)
It was cruddy and needed it.
Others here do a simple drain and fill about 3 times which will clean out almost all the old fluid. They drain and fill, run it for a hundred miles or a week, drain and fill and repeat once more. I will do that every 25,000 miles or so from now on. I wanted a flush this first time.
My shifting has greatly improved.
At 44,000 miles, probably should at least do a drain and fill.
Also, I drained and filled my transfer case and differential on my own. Very easy. They were really bad/dirty.
i guve that a try too

·
Registered
657 Posts
New to the Nox said:
Yes it can.
I just got my Nox with 58,000 miles on it. I had the transmission flushed. I gave the mechanic the fluid I wanted (used 12 quarts Valvoline full synthetic dexron vi to do the flush and fill)
It was cruddy and needed it.
Others here do a simple drain and fill about 3 times which will clean out almost all the old fluid. They drain and fill, run it for a hundred miles or a week, drain and fill and repeat once more. I will do that every 25,000 miles or so from now on. I wanted a flush this first time.
My shifting has greatly improved.
At 44,000 miles, probably should at least do a drain and fill.
Also, I drained and filled my transfer case and differential on my own. Very easy. They were really bad/dirty.
Of course you're transmission is under warranty and they should fix the issue.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I would have put money on a dirty / sticky throttle body.

I might drop a can or two of good fuel system cleaner like Techron or Sea Foam in the tank, just in case an injector is not giving a good spray pattern.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
spook said:
I would have put money on a dirty / sticky throttle body.

I might drop a can or two of good fuel system cleaner like Techron or Sea Foam in the tank, just in case an injector is not giving a good spray pattern.
i clean all .throttle body no dirty and MAF .. So would do you think it maybe?.im going let deal shoping clean transmission

throttle body was bad update..yay fix it

·
Registered
657 Posts
smooth78u said:
i clean all .throttle body no dirty and MAF .. So would do you think it maybe?.im going let deal shoping clean transmission

throttle body was bad update..yay fix it
Thank you for the update! Was it dirty or needed to be replaced?
Hope this solves the issue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
New to the Nox said:
Thank you for the update! Was it dirty or needed to be replaced?
Hope this solves the issue.
replaced . still act up now go back to deal men this so much of headache..

·
Registered
435 Posts
When the weather gets better i'm going to change my spark plugs, while i'm doing that I might as well clean the throttle body too as its right there when you take off the ECO box. Is there any good info on how to clean it? I've seen tooth brushes

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Nick24 said:
When the weather gets better i'm going to change my spark plugs, while i'm doing that I might as well clean the throttle body too as its right there when you take off the ECO box. Is there any good info on how to clean it? I've seen tooth brushes

If you use CRC Throttle Body cleaner or similar, you should not need a toothbrush. Anyway, I would not use an actual tooth brush since the TB Cleaner would likely eat away at it and you might then get dissolved plastic deposits onto the TB you are trying to clean. A natural bristle "acid" brush with a metal handle would work or some similar small parts cleaning brush with natural bristles and metal handle. . . no plastic.

Just cut up some smaller, lint and thread free pieces of old tee shirt. Get or cut a small, thin piece of wood to hold the throttle plate open, place a small piece of the cloth doubled over into the TB throat just under the plate. Then a light spray with the TB cleaner.
Take another small piece if cloth and spray some cleaner on it and try and wipe down inside the throat of the TB and the both sides and especially the edges of the TB plate.

It helps to have one of those little super bright LED flash lights to look inside the TB now and then and see where all the black soot and gunk is. I also use a longer metal blunt ended tweezers to hold a price of the saturated cloth and wipe deeper inside the TB throat where a lot of black deposits can form.

Usually, it take me 3 or 4 wash/spray/wipe applications to get most of it.

Try NOT to spray TOO much down into the TB throat and also not directly onto the motor actuator side pivot point of the plate. You don't want TB Cleaner high pressured into the motor works.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Nick24 said:
maybe I change spark plugs but servie adisor told me to wait

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
smooth78u said:
maybe I change spark plugs but servie adisor told me to wait
Of course - he would rather that you aren't successful fixing it. LOL

But seriously, spark plugs are cheap, and if there is a chance that it will fix it, I would do it. You're going to need them eventually. You are just moving the expenditure forward a little.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Either the throttle body was not the problem or they didn't reset the computer. ...I think.

Do you have an Android phone? $5 app for torque pro and the obd2 scanner I linked to above is great!

There are many causes.
Google search and learn what O2 sensor readings and fuel trim readings should look like.
My fuel rail pressure runs from 400 psi at idle to over 2,000 psi under load. My mainline fuel pressure is around 50 psi depending on load.
You will be able to look at the maf sensor readings and many other readings.

For $26 total, you can figure this out and it will be better than spending money on parts you don't need and doesn't fix the problem.

I was able to rent a compression tester from AutoZone for free(with deposit) and it's easy to test the compression on this engine. Look up videos on it.

Your dealer doesn't know what is wrong obviously.

Good luck and let us and others reading this what happens.
:thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
New to the Nox said:
Either the throttle body was not the problem or they didn't reset the computer. ...I think.

Do you have an Android phone? $5 app for torque pro and the obd2 scanner I linked to above is great!

There are many causes.
Google search and learn what O2 sensor readings and fuel trim readings should look like.
My fuel rail pressure runs from 400 psi at idle to over 2,000 psi under load. My mainline fuel pressure is around 50 psi depending on load.
You will be able to look at the maf sensor readings and many other readings.

For $26 total, you can figure this out and it will be better than spending money on parts you don't need and doesn't fix the problem.

okay .

I was able to rent a compression tester from AutoZone for free(with deposit) and it's easy to test the compression on this engine. Look up videos on it.

Your dealer doesn't know what is wrong obviously.

Good luck and let us and others reading this what happens.
:thumb:

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
^ ^ ^

- - - - ?

·
Registered
657 Posts
JayT2014 said:
^ ^ ^

- - - - ?
He has the word "okay" in the middle of the quote.
He is still getting used to working with this forum 😊

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Thanks. . . finally saw it. . Difficult to spot. . . lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
New to the Nox said:
He has the word "okay" in the middle of the quote.
He is still getting used to working with this forum 😊
car is fix now about time take 1 year to find problem no lies . no surging all fix now thank god..

·
Registered
10,642 Posts
smooth78u said:
car is fix now about time take 1 year to find problem no lies . no surging all fix now thank god..
Care to share how it got fixed ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
will act up again after coming off inrerstate come to stop light after long trips do 75mph on highway . :shrug:

21 - 40 of 90 Posts