GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have this DCT, but trying to understand it’s the circuit low is exhaust or intake.
4Cyc vortec 2.L otherwise no noticeable performance or run issues.
Would like to understand if this DTC is for Exhaust or Intake? Any input would be certainly appreciated. I cleared the first occurance but it returned afte less than 30 miles so it appears to be a confirmed condition and not a false positive DTC.
Could someone please help with this question.

much thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
P0290 is a cylinder 10 issue from what I searched.
That's a real mystery...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P0290 is a cylinder 10 issue from what I searched.
That's a real mystery...
Attached is a picture of the reported DTC. It indicates a camshaft circuit low response from the sensor. I looked up the code too before posting and could not understand how the reported code had anything to do with the definition on the web? Who has an engine with 10 cylinders? Obviously, it would appear that this is a false reporting but DTC reporting is controlled by the ECM.

surely someone has seen this issue previously.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info in your post. Thanks!
So the B camshaft actuator DTC code P2090 refers to the exhaust camshaft and is likely associated with any other B camshaft components such as the exhaust valve solenoid on top of the engine and next to the intake solenoid. Both were replaced about a year ago when a DTC was reported for both solenoids. All fine since until the current DTC was reported causing a CEL to appear.
I’m not that familiar with this Ecotec engine and need to know the location of the B camshaft actuator so I can check the electrical connections and possibly replace it as well. Can you please assist?
Thanks very much.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The B camshaft actuator solenoid (exhaust) is the one closest to the firewall when viewed from the front of the car looking at the engine. The B camshaft position sensor is located on the drivers side of the engine (near the flywheel) above the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe you are describing the location of the solenoid NOT the camshaft position sensor which is a Hall Effect device.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts