GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM retires web site has pics of the 2013 Buick Encore redo of the Terrain and Equinox but looks like crap IMO

·
Registered
715 Posts
Links? Pictures?

I'd thought that GM might (maybe should) have a Buick version of the Terrain/Nox. Some of Buick's styling is real weird, I hope they get a clue soon.

I know of a couple of folks that liked the size and interior of the Terrain but went to the larger Buick instead because of the 'Buick' ride and the more powerful engine.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Really strange that GM would choose Buick to debut one of their smallest vehicles ever. This thing rides on a 100" wheelbase (a foot less than the Nox/Terrain) and is shorter overall than a Cruze (more like a taller riding Sonic really)...which likely means either passengers in the back or cargo...but not both at the same time. Are typical Buick buyers really looking for something like that? :-\

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looks like a Vibe with a face lift gone bad.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NoobNox said:
Really strange that GM would choose Buick to debut one of their smallest vehicles ever. This thing rides on a 100" wheelbase (a foot less than the Nox/Terrain) and is shorter overall than a Cruze (more like a taller riding Sonic really)...which likely means either passengers in the back or cargo...but not both at the same time. Are typical Buick buyers really looking for something like that? :-\
Are you talking about this Encore or the other new one Buick has out along the same lines as the cruz?
It does look like a Vibe only ugly

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Are you talking about this Encore or the other new one Buick has out along the same lines as the cruz?
It does look like a Vibe only ugly
I assume you're talking about the Verano which is based on the Cruze...and by default makes both cars larger overall than this thing. (other than height) I think making the Encore a Buick is GM's way of telling consumers they are committed to the small and efficient route going forward....but I think it will be a while before they drop their full size truck/SUV cash cows.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NoobNox said:
I assume you're talking about the Verano which is based on the Cruze...and by default makes both cars larger overall than this thing. (other than height) I think making the Encore a Buick is GM's way of telling consumers they are committed to the small and efficient route going forward....but I think it will be a while before they drop their full size truck/SUV cash cows.
That's it , and the Encore is still ugly

·
Registered
472 Posts
Actually Chevy is selling the Captiva which is a reworked Vue to fleets my FIL saw one on the road in florida last week. It is not being sold at the dealers but may end up in the used cars later and it is a 7 passenger smaller than Nox/Terrain. I may be similar to the Orlando that is sold in Canada but not the US which was supposed to replace the HHR. Sooo I am guessing the Buick is a reworked vervion of the Captiva.

http://www.google.com/search?q=chevy+captiva&num=50&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=QV0UT9K4LIjatweo-q3jAQ&ved=0CE4QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=571

1 - 9 of 9 Posts