GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recommend a filter? My manual calls for a 'PF63'....2011 was a PF48..

I cant find this AC Delco PF63 anywhere!!

I only need to do the one oil change, then Im covered under the maintenance plan I have..( They do the oil change when oil life monitor comes on OR after 5k miles...I want to do a change at 3k..)

·
Registered
312 Posts
A GM dealer should have them is stock. They are GM part # 89017525. They are the new filters recommended on the 2011 and up models. A PF48 may still have been installed from the factory until they clear those out of inventory (there was a bulletin from GM regarding such) but the PF63 should now be used. It is a bit longer than the PF48 and therefore has a bit better filtration because of more media inside the filter.

If the dealer is too expensive (maybe $7.50-12.00?) you can try online sources if you're not in too big of a hurry. They start around $5.00 and with a little luck you might find free or low cost shipping. Just do a Google search for pf 63 price and you'll find plenty. There are also aftermarket brands including Mobil 1 filters which now have equivalent filters for the PF 63.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
wrusprod said:

?? That's very strange - even your local Dealership? I purchased mine from there.
Anyway, the PF63 is just the extended life filter, so if your in a pinch you can use the PF43, it's just a little shorter as you'll remember from your MY11. [/color]

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
wrusprod said:

I only need to do the one oil change, then Im covered under the maintenance plan I have..( They do the oil change when oil life monitor comes on OR after 5k miles...I want to do a change at 3k..)
One item I did notice is that the oil drain plug has been moved slightly on the MY12's, instead of directly in front of the exhaust pipe, GM has modified the oil pan so that the plug is on an angle away from the exhaust, brilliant move!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt try the dealer, I assume theh have it...but tried 4 different auto stores..

I couldnt find an equivalent, since the listings in the stores dont go past 2011..

probably will have to go to dealer for filter., then to store for oil!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
wrusprod said:
I didnt try the dealer, I assume theh have it...but tried 4 different auto stores..

I couldnt find an equivalent, since the listings in the stores dont go past 2011..

Some of the aftermarket filters which are the PF63 equivalent. I would not hesitate to use any of the brands listed, but the Fram would be my last choice. Maybe your auto parts store carries one of these. Others have found the PF 63 at AutoZone.

Mobil-1 M1-212
K&N HP-2011
Wix 57045
Purolator L22500
Fram Xtended XG10575
Fram G10575

·
Registered
715 Posts
There often is a lag time between when a manufacturer specs a filter and the after market starts stocking the equivalent replacement.

Still, some auto parts stores a very slow to stock new numbers.

If you must, get this one from a dealer, then order a Mobil 1 or a Pure One over the internet. If you get four or six at a time, the shipping isn't to bad.

Advance Auto Parts can ship to a store near you for free, IIRC.

Check with the Purolator or Mobil 1 site to get the number you need, then order from on line vendor.

Wal-mart carries the Fram filter you need TG10575, you can cross that to your favorite brand. (avoid the Orange Frams)

Pure One filter PL22500; Mobil 1 filter M1212 (that may be hard to find.)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool! thanks...those are the lists Im looking for..as I stated, only need to do this for first oil change, then Im covered by dealer til 45k..

·
Registered
153 Posts
wrusprod said:

I have been using the auto parts store online searches for my 2012. The books won't be updated for a while, but they do have it on record. So you can either go online and enter your vehicle to see the available parts, or you could go up to the counter in the store and have them look it up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rockauto.com has it listed for 2012 V-6 Terrain. $3.57 plus shipping. If you are doing your own changes, order a dozen and keep the receipt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use a Napa Gold 7045

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been using K&N filters in my vehicles - the 1" hex nut on the end makes life sooooo much easier in certain applications! Lot more expensive though. But if you decide to, it is #HP-2011.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts