GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
No actually they discounted the MSRP of the vehicle $1800.00 and then the $2,000.00 goodwill certificate and also $1,000.00 conquest cash and $1575.00 cap cost reduction for a total of $4,575.00 plus my trade minus my payoff which I would be putting down $5,000 from my equity for a total of $9,475.00 down. Not a bad deal for a new 2014 Denali? Comments or questions?

phillythekid said:
Had a fully load SLT-2 with the 3.0 in it.

Now I have the fully loaded 2013 Denali with the 3.6. Didn't cost me a nickel to trade in my car and get this one at the same monthly payment.
GMC and the dealership worked something out.
This is in another thread but a guy that had the same issues as us, maybe you could push for this because of all the trouble you have gone through, just a thought, I don't think you have a bad deal. If we could trade ours we might, but I'm going to college in the fall so that's not the best idea, we do have an extra warranty from the fuel in the oil that covers everything until 93,000, recently it seems to have used a little oil.

Discussion starter · #64 ·
UPDATE: Well I pulled the trigger and traded the 2012 Terrain for a 2014 V6 Terrain Denali. The dealership that I got the vehicle from gave me a good deal but didn't have the vehicle and also I was having to wait till the CPO warranty ran out in 3,000 miles(Never figured that one out) to get the $2,000 goodwill certificate. I called a dealership that was 45 minutes from my work and to make a long story short I ended up buying from them and got a lot better trade in plus they discounted the new vehicle and I didn't even have the certificate. They bent over backwards to get my business. So hopefully the new Denali will be trouble free. What a difference in the 3.6 vs the 3.0. Much more power and torque Also the ride in the Denali is must softer and I bought my first black vehicle. Time will tell.

Thats Great!! Glad you like it so far! I'm glad about the great deal too! We are stuck with our 3.0 for now unless something shows up on the computer. Time will tell!

I wish we could get a count of how many people experience this "misfire" or shudder through a web poll or something, at one point ours had 14,000 misfires counted but no code, which they said nothing is wrong haha

terrainguy95 said:
I wish we could get a count of how many people experience this "misfire" or shudder through a web poll or something, at one point ours had 14,000 misfires counted but no code, which they said nothing is wrong haha
Mine used to have between 200-400 on cylinder 1 and 100-200 on cylinder I think 4 after my normal 20 minute drives. No CEL ever. Got a pending code once though for a random misfire...

Sent from my bragging iPhone using an app that encourages it.

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Its so strange. I never had a code appear either. Seems like the engine-transmission talking has a glitch in it somewhere. Too many electronics on the new cars today. THis new 2014 with the 3.6 V6 is so smooth and much more powerful. Quite a difference. ALso I noticed the steering is smoother and easier. One thing that really puzzled me is the spacer in between the back seat and cargo area that adjusted to fill the gap when the back seat was moved all the way up is not included anymore even on the Denali. I remember reading on here that people had experienced this so when I was doing the deal I told them they would have to throw that in and they agreed. Thats so not right.

Dmax121 said:
I remember reading on here that people had experienced this so when I was doing the deal I told them they would have to throw that in and they agreed. Thats so not right.
I see my post on the 'missing' part helped!

Discussion starter · #70 ·
Thanks rbarrios. I remembered someone posting that the 2014's didn't have this. I thought at least the Denali's would but I was wrong. Really sucks without it. Glad I got them to throw it in. THANKS!!!! :cheers:

We've had the SES and stabilitrak before but none recently and the dealer couldn't find anything even though it feels no different.

Hey all,
This is unrelated but has anyone had the power liftgate struts fail? Ours did just before a trip, how convenient lol. It won't stay up but we are getting them fixed Monday. I did manage 22.4mpg on a 1600 mile trip which was too bad but it still misses and has to pull hard in the mountains even when I backed it down to 55. Anyone found a fix? haha Our tail pipes are also super black/soot covered which seems like it is burning really rich.

Dmax121 said:
Hey all. I purchased a used 2012 V6 Terrain with 33,000 miles on it back in October. I have had it back to the GM dealer that sold it to me twice for what I describe a miss or maybe a Torque converter problem. When the vehicle reaches around 35-45 mph i get a shuttering affect like its either missing or the converter isn't locking up. Not sure what it is. Anyone else have this problem or maybe some suggerstions? The dealership replaced the coil and plug on the number 6 cylinder and they said it was fine but its not. Looking for answers or suggestions. Thanks
I am having this issue with my 2011 V6 Terrain as well. But mine has 93,000 miles on it. Did you by chance get a resolution to this issue yet? I haven't put it in the shop yet, but think I need too.

We had ours in today for rear liftgate struts and had them check the computer for any pending codes or misfires and nothing showed up. I still think it is something electronic that causes the miss.

not what I hoped to hear..but ok. thanks! :-\

If I take it up to advanced auto or auto zone or whoever does the free checks..will they hook it up even with no lights in the dash?
Not trying to blow a lot of money if there isn't a fix. But I only have 7,000 miles before the warranty is up... would rather do now then wait till later... I drive too much!

I know what you mean, ours had the SES blink when new and several times after but havent had any lately, the dealer could never find anything. I just want to figure this out! It's like the mystery misfire!

Thanks for all the info guys. This is exactly what i am experiencing. They did replace the coil and plug on the #6 cylinder but to no avail. Its like a hesitation or a miss. Kinda jerks back and forth between 35-50. Also I have watched the tach and it bounces around just a little. I am gonna take it back again and if its not fixed i'll contact GM and also repond on here with my info. Thanks for all the replys. Keep them coming especially if anyone resolves the issue!
did you ever find out what was wrong with your suv??

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.