GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

2012 Terrain SLT - Just got it back from the shop and a new issue

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Colt Hero 
#1 ·
Good evening. I have another question on the Terrain. We just had to have it towed because one of the heater hoses broke. Another 900 dollars later (5 hoses) I am driving the car. I notice a slight vibration when I hit a small bump or accelerate quickly. Once I take my foot off the gas it goes away until the next bump or so. No codes. No noises.. So what could it be now? The car has 202k on it with the V6. Thank you.

#4 ·
I just recently had to change the high pressure fuel pump on my 2010 traverse. While doing that. I inspected the area with a flashlight. I found a small red wet spot. I guess a micro crack on the plastic connector. I ordered parts asap. Installed them a few days later. $217 via rock auto for both sets of GM hoses. 184,000 miles

Reactions: ricklack
#5 ·
I would check over the air filter tubing to the throttle body and nearby connections. Its possible its not sealing properly.
I wonder if air getting in after the MAF sensor could cause the vibration that is actually an idle/rpm issue due to a leak.
Im thinking out loud.

#8 ·
Important to buy gm parts. And recommended to replace the 1 time use pipes. Some folks reuse.. but these are high pressure fuel lines... you dont want a leak.
I did turn the engine a bit via the cranck shaft bolt, to release tension off the lobe that moves the hpfp. Theres a big spring.
Youll know when you start loosening the bolts to the pump. Youll feel the tension.
Turn crank, and lobe on camshaft moves and releases tension.

#10 ·
Thanks some more - I always go to YouTube, but it's so much better to get the perspective of fellow forum dwellers who have already done a job as well.

#11 ·
Good evening. I have another question on the Terrain. We just had to have it towed because one of the heater hoses broke. Another 900 dollars later (5 hoses) I am driving the car.
How does 5 new hoses result in a $900 bill? Can you upload a copy of that bill (with your personal information blurred out)? Oh wait - the Dealer did the work, right? :rolleyes:

As for the "slight vibration" problem ... it's my policy to continue driving and collecting more information when all I have to go on is some very nebulous symptom. I gotta have some real hardcore proof of a problem before I start replacing any parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.