GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New ouside mirrors, Left and Right Sides, Audio System, door mounted power lock switches, including a center stack switch

This is on a SLE-2 with convenience pkg. and 18" wheels.

Haven't heard the death rattle on two starts so far...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
I like the idea of the lock switches on the door. I havent been bothered by having it on the center stack though. Everything else is neglible to me. Nice though...Hope you enjoy it. Let us know if you find any other surprises...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
I also like the idea of the door lock switches on the door....as long as they keep the switches on the center stack as well, and make the ones on the door power off with the engine. What I mean is that a thief skilled with a coathanger has a much easier time reaching the door handle switches..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
^^^ 2nd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
How did you already get a 2012? Can't wait for mine!!


Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

How did you already get a 2012? Can't wait for mine!!


This isn't mine, I have a 2011. This is a fresh delivery to my dealer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
When pricing and availability of the 2012 outside replacement mirror glass becomes available, I'll be swapping mine out. The little convex mirror will make a big difference in safely changing lanes. My new 2011 Ford work truck (provided by my employer) has them and they are nice.

It actually seems a bit odd that they didn't have these mirrors beginning in 2010 since the Traverse had them in 2009.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
hog said:
New ouside mirrors, Left and Right Sides, Audio System, door mounted power lock switches, including a center stack switch

This is on a SLE-2 with convenience pkg. and 18" wheels.

Haven't heard the death rattle on two starts so far...
How do the 18" chrome wheels look?


Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ADubH said:
How do the 18" chrome wheels look?
The wheels on the model were the optional machined finished wheels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
hog said:
The wheels on the model were the optional machined finished wheels
Mine will have the new 18" chrome wheel. I've only seen a blurry picture of the wheel. Just curious.


Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
I did not care for the new 18" chrome clad wheels. I saw then on a 12 Nox just delivered. Just my opinion obviously.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
tsduke said:
I did not care for the new 18" chrome clad wheels. I saw then on a 12 Nox just delivered. Just my opinion obviously.
Are they the same as the Terrain on the 'Nox?


Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,394 Posts
ADubH said:
Are they the same as the Terrain on the 'Nox?


Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD
Nope - wheel design is different for the various GM Divisions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Can anyone find a picture of the Chrome clad wheels actually on a Terrain?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
RIT333 said:
Nope - wheel design is different for the various GM Divisions.
That's what I thought. I saw a picture in the 2012 specs listed somewhere on this forum in a link but it wasn't a good quality pic.


Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
When pricing and availability of the 2012 outside replacement mirror glass becomes available, I'll be swapping mine out. The little convex mirror will make a big difference in safely changing lanes. My new 2011 Ford work truck (provided by my employer) has them and they are nice.

It actually seems a bit odd that they didn't have these mirrors beginning in 2010 since the Traverse had them in 2009.
Do you know how hard it is to get those chinese to change their production methods??/
you order 10,000 flat mirrors, your going to get 10,000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Heard an Ad on Youtube that the Terrain got a new "comfort" steering wheel. Anyone know what changed about it? My 2012 is still on order .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,394 Posts
ADubH said:
Heard an Ad on Youtube that the Terrain got a new "comfort" steering wheel. Anyone know what changed about it? My 2012 is still on order .
"A tilt and telescopic steering column allows you to dial in the driving position that's comfortable and fatigue-free. "

Must have hired a new marketing firm - sounds to me like marketing-hype.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
When pricing and availability of the 2012 outside replacement mirror glass becomes available, I'll be swapping mine out. The little convex mirror will make a big difference in safely changing lanes. My new 2011 Ford work truck (provided by my employer) has them and they are nice.

It actually seems a bit odd that they didn't have these mirrors beginning in 2010 since the Traverse had them in 2009.
If you bought a couple of those stick on mirrors it would be a lot cheaper.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top