GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took ownership of a 2012 Terrain earlier this week not knowing that there were different touchscreen setups. There is the Intellilink w/o nav, Intellilink w/nav and then the one I apparently have, the one without Intellilink which to my surprise does not offer bluetooth streaming, which I find ridiculous. Thanks to new phone technology the headphone jack is obsolete so cannot use the aux input, I tried the USB and couldn't get that to work. I know there are BT receivers that I could plug into the aux, but I don't know how that would work having the phone connected to the both the hands-free and the aux. Regardless, I would just like a clean wireless setup.

Anyway, yes I've read a lot of threads regarding this and I'm not the only one caught off guard by this. I'm not looking for navigation, I just want to be able to stream audio via bluetooth.

My question is, because I just want to make sure I'm clear on this.

Is the best solution ($800) to get this Factory Kit? Seems like a lot of money for my bluetooth streaming needs? Or is it actually possible to just pick up a used radio control unit with Intellilink and have it reprogrammed at the dealer? I did find the thread where you can open up the radio and flash the eprom with the correct vin, but I was unclear if you can use this method when upgrading from non-intellilink to one equipped with intellilink. I thought I read that you had to have the same exact radio and that thread was more about replacing a defective unit versus upgrading.

Thank you for any help or guidance on this matter!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought this BT music streaming receiver for my 2011 Terrain Without Nav and it works great.

The only issues I have had with it are that you cannot control it through the steering wheel controls or radio. So song skipping or pausing must be done through the phone. I was also getting a lot of feedback from the engine but I bought a ground loop noise isolator and that eliminated like 90% of the background noise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Hoping to figure out something to just swap out the radio unit to add intellelink. But I may end up going your route if it's going to be too expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts