GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a Color Touch Radio update? I took it to the Dealership in September 2013 after online help told me that they cannot give me the files to do it myself via USB, but the dealership told me that they have NO updates for the 2012 Terrain.

I find this very hard to believe because the rental vehicle I was given was exactly the same the one I'm driving now, except when scrolling through songs it will let me do it by pages instead of one by one. When you hae 2000 songs, trying to find a specific song can be extremely frustrating.

Can anyone share if they have this same issue? or inform if there is any update?
Is there actually a fix to improve indexing? Did my dealership lie to me?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted them but they said they never had any updates for my 2012 gmc terrain.
This seems difficult to believe because in few of the other threads on this site, people have gotten updates on their Color Touch
I have never received any updates via dealership

Can anyone tell me how to check the version of firmware?

·
Registered
115 Posts
charlie1234 said:
I contacted them but they said they never had any updates for my 2012 gmc terrain.
This seems difficult to believe because in few of the other threads on this site, people have gotten updates on their Color Touch
I have never received any updates via dealership

Can anyone tell me how to check the version of firmware?
On my 2014:

Config[/color] | Radio Settings[/color] | Software Versions Menu[/color] | Software Versions Information[/color]

My version is E0.0E.15.2

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked hoping I had overlooked this. But it really seems that there's no way for the 2012 GMC to check what version

·
Registered
115 Posts
charlie1234 said:
I just checked hoping I had overlooked this. But it really seems that there's no way for the 2012 GMC to check what version
As suggested previously, call the Intellilink Support[/color] group at 855-478-7767[/color]. If anyone at GM knows how to check the radio version, it will be them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just seeing if anyone else has this problem. I havea 2012 GMC Terrain SLT with navi but no intellilink . When I use my iPhone to stream YouTube or Pandora with the usb, it works for about 30 seconds then it says on the navi screen "iPod disconnected". The usb cord that is connected to the phone is not recognized until I unplug and plug it back in. When I use the ipod to listen to music, the phone never disconnects. I thought at first it was my radio so I took the vehicle in to GMC and they replaced the radio, I replaced the usb/aux device in the arm rest and updated my iPhone to the most recent software update but still having the same problem. Anyone else having the same problem or have any ideas as to what it could be ? ( :( :facepalm:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts