GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2012 Terrain with the base model Color Touch Radio (non-NAV)

I have noticed lately, that when I start the car, my CD pops out, and I notice the radio XM pre-programs are not listed for a bit..then it lists the XM programmed channels,by number..then it will list the actual names of the XM channels..as if the radio power was disconnected and reconnected.. It is still on the last channel I had on when I had the car off though..at first I thought it was some updates from XM...but that wouldnt make the CD pop out, then load...

anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nothing like that with me. The only thing I have is occassionally when I get in it reverts to playing my Ipod plugged in instead of the last channel I was on.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
wrusprod said:
I have the 2012 Terrain with the base model Color Touch Radio (non-NAV)

I have noticed lately, that when I start the car, my CD pops out, and I notice the radio XM pre-programs are not listed for a bit..then it lists the XM programmed channels,by number..then it will list the actual names of the XM channels..as if the radio power was disconnected and reconnected.. It is still on the last channel I had on when I had the car off though..at first I thought it was some updates from XM...but that wouldnt make the CD pop out, then load...

anyone else experiencing this?
Hi Wrusprod,

Sorry to read about your frustration! If the problem persists, I would recommend going back to your dealership so the service department can diagnose your radio issue properly.

Please keep us posted,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service
(Temporarily filling in for Tricia)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Katie..

not a big deal right now, but will be watching it and will mention it when I go in for the oil change.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
Nothing like that with me. The only thing I have is occassionally when I get in it reverts to playing my Ipod plugged in instead of the last channel I was on.
I thought I read about this issue somewhere-- it has to do with the charge state of the ipod I think... let me see if I can find the info.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Intermittent Audio Device Operation
On 2012 and prior GM passenger cars and
light-duty trucks equipped with a USB
port, an MP3 player or iPod® may be inoperative
when the vehicle is first started, or
the radio may switch to the USB source
after a few minutes of driving.
If the vehicle is turned off with the USB
device (iPod or equivalent audio device)
still connected, the device will continue to
play until its battery goes dead.
TIP: The device will not charge if left
plugged in when the vehicle is turned off.
When the vehicle is started, the device will
start charging. The device may need to
charge for a few minutes before it will
have enough power to turn on. Once it
turns on, the radio recognizes that a
device is plugged in and automatically
switches to the USB source.
Explain to the customer that this is normal
operation.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks rbarrios..

not sure if thats it..I do have my Blackberry plugged in. but it doesnt play from BB, just charges..

also as mentioned..the CD ejects and reloads when i start the car..happened a couple times yesterday..once today..

here is a link to a video of it...watch the Favorites channels along the bottom...first they are XM__ then the channel names come up...

also it will be on favorite 1of 6...(or how many you have set)..so instead of being on favorite 3 as it was when i shut off the car, its on favorite 1...but it does play the channel I had on at shutoff..and the display of that channel comes up right away..as you see in the video...again, i would think it was an XM issue...but the CD ejecting...

really not a big issue....i finally just removed the CD ....

VID-20120112-00021.3gp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts