GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, first post. I was hoping for some guidance on some issues with my GF’s car. She drives a FWD 2012 Terrain with the 2.4L, 4 cylinder engine. Recently the check engine light has come and it has started to idle really roughly at stoplights, lurching forward even. It also seems to have either a slight knock, or at the very least noticeable vibrations. We took it to Autozone to get the engine code read, and the results came back with the codes, P0300 random misfire and P0013 exhaust camshaft position actuator circuit/open (Bank 1). The health report, says the most likely solution is to de-ice air intake system. I’m not exactly sure where to start with all of this, so any help is greatly appreciated, TIA!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I replaced my exhaust VVT solenoid and the P0013 went away. While I had the cover opened, I replaced the intake VVT solenoid as well. The exhaust one is close to the firewall, and the intake is towards the front of the car. Just one 10mm bolt holding each of them down. I used a channellock plier to pull the solenoid out. May be the P0300 is caused by the solenoid.

BTW, don't get a knock-off. Stay with ACDelco and you won't have a problem later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts