GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked our new unit last night...got it home and found a puddle of engine oil on the driveway...not even 40 kilometers on it yet...what a bummer...needless to say I drove it straight to the dealership...awaiting work...they cant tell where its coming from but its a big leak

·
Registered
361 Posts
442 scotty said:
Just picked our new unit last night...got it home and found a puddle of engine oil on the driveway...not even 40 kilometers on it yet...what a bummer...needless to say I drove it straight to the dealership...awaiting work...they cant tell where its coming from but its a big leak
do they have lemon laws up there? if so just lemon it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know of any state's lemon law or other countries for that matter that consider one issue and no repair attempts to be a lemon... It is usually repeated attempts (and failures) to fix the same problem.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hawkeye-08 said:
I don't know of any state's lemon law or other countries for that matter that consider one issue and no repair attempts to be a lemon... It is usually repeated attempts (and failures) to fix the same problem.
its also based on TIME in the shop vs. time out of the shop.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hawkeye-08 said:
Since it has not been to the shop yet, then nothing fits the lemon law.
re-read the 1st post! its at the shop awaiting work.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
He might try to get the dealer to take it back, being so new..thats what I would do.

No, Not lemon law yet..most cases its 3 or 4 repairs for the same issue and/or 30 or more days in the shop in a certain time period...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Talked to the service advisor today...the leak is between the engine and trans so the tranny has to come out..Wont know until the 27th what was leaking...oil plug? porous casting? and who knows when I will get it back...

I will reserve my reactions till I see how they handle it..gonna give them a chance to make it right. worst time of year...everyone of importance has taken holidays... I Wont be happy if I end up having to make a payment before I even drive it....

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
442 scotty said:
Talked to the service advisor today...the leak is between the engine and trans so the tranny has to come out..Wont know until the 27th what was leaking...oil plug? porous casting? and who knows when I will get it back...

I will reserve my reactions till I see how they handle it..gonna give them a chance to make it right. worst time of year...everyone of importance has taken holidays... I Wont be happy if I end up having to make a payment before I even drive it....
I would tell the dealer to put you in another car!..This isnt a good start..sorry for the issues your having on a new car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wrusprod said:
I would tell the dealer to put you in another car!..This isnt a good start..sorry for the issues your having on a new car.
I have other wheels I can use...didnt sell the old one yet. The wife suggested a new Terrain swap and they keep the defective one but they dont have the same color in stock at this point...again too bad its xmas..no one around...will let everyone know what happens next week..thanks for all the comments :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yes, keep us informed!

I know for me personally, I had my vehicle engine worked on a couple times in the first year I had it, and I just never felt like It was new or that I could rely on it..Just me, I know...and it sounds like they are going to do some major engine work too!

Hope it works out in the end!

·
Registered
77 Posts
AMG Eric said:
re-read the 1st post! its at the shop awaiting work.
Sorry, I mistook that for awaiting work, nothing even diagnosed yet. My mistake, they should get a lemon law attorney and get rid of that lemon immediately. You are right.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Depends on what the reason for the leak is.

My 98 GP had an oil leak. It was just a bad gasket on the oil filter. New filter and a cup of oil and I was good to go.

Of course the filter on these 4 cyl. engines are internal, but it could be just a bad valve cover gasket, etc....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is it really as simpe as saying "I don't want this car". It's not a $15 box fan from Home Depot. Don't get me wrong it sucks. But I don't see the dealership just taking it back. What is the difference between having the car for an hour or a month? Not to mention how fast is GM going to be swapping it out (see other threads relating to start up noise). I'm just saying..

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Its not a $15 box fan...but a 25K(+) car..big investment in my pocketbook!

ITs brand new, just drove it home...obviously this would be a good dealer issue..not GM...Dealer should want to keep a customer happy, and this isnt a good start!

and It cant be a lemon law yet!...yeez....One issue that is in the shop being repaired...Lemon Law atty. would laugh if you asked them to take this as a case..It is probably a gasket installed incorrectly...doesnt mean the vehicle is a lemon....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yea, not lemon law, but sure doesn't set right to bring home a brand new "broken" car. Takes the new right out of it.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
tsduke said:
Yea, not lemon law, but sure doesn't set right to bring home a brand new "broken" car. Takes the new right out of it.
Really sticks - not a fun way to start a long relationship ! Hopefully, the dealer will throw in a perk, like free maintenance, just to remove the bad taste.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts