GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

2012 SRX Getting Revised Engine Lineup

545K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Chevrolet Customer Svc 
#1 ·
[imgr]http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/gallery/data/603/medium/X11CA_SR003.jpg[/imgr]
Several weeks ago GMI broke news that the Cadillac SRX crossover was dropping its optional 2.8-liter turbo V-6. The news came as a surprise as the optional mill was responsible for providing the SRX near best-in-class power output. GMI has since learned the motive behind the axing of the turbo V-6.

According to engineering sources at GM as well as Cadillac dealerships, the 2012 SRX will receive GM’s familiar 3.6-liter V-6 as the only engine offering. The sources state that the engine will entirely replace the SRX’s current, anemic 3.0-liter V-6. The 3.6-liter will be GM’s new variant of the engine, dubbed ‘LFX’ based on the engine’s RPO code. Though the 3.0-liter could stick around for export markets to avoid higher displacement taxes.

GMI has not been told what types of improvements the LFX has over today’s direct-injected 3.6-liter, though speculation has suggested the engine will see a power increase from today’s 304 horsepower rating in the Cadillac CTS. The engineering source did state that the 3.6-liter is turning out to be a “perfect match” for the crossover.

The SRX is also slated to get a few other mild tweaks in 2012 model-year, including the addition of a heated steering wheel.

Cadillac's move to kill the SRX Turbo now seems rectified as the 2012 model with the 3.6-liter will likely have more power with significantly improved fuel economy over the former turbo. Stay tuned to GMI for continued updates about the 2012 model-year!

Source: GMI

See less See more
#2 ·
At first I was thinking this sounds like a bad idea with gas prices rising and expected to continue the upward climb...Caddy buyers these days are upper middle class for sure, but not neccesarily wealthy enough where such things don't matter at all. Then I saw the part towards the end of the article where they claim the "LFX" will not only have more power than the version currently in the CTS, but also "significantly improved fuel economy over the former turbo". If this is true, then this is a good move...and something that could eventually trickle down into a sport model for the Equinox/Terrain. 8)

#4 ·
Fingers crossed for a 2013 Terrain Denali with the new 3.6L!!

#5 ·
I had a 2012 SRX all weekend to try out and I must tell you the 3.6 makes a fine engine for the SRX. I found it had plenty of acceleration and cruised great at 70 MPH. I didn't have it long enough to make a determination about fuel economy. I'm not saying I was impressed with it but I pick up our new 2012 Premium, Red with chrome wheels tomorrow.
Bill

#6 ·
I only have a few hundred miles on my 2012 Luxury, but I've noticed better fuel economy by driving with the car in "ECO" mode. It doesn't seem to affect performance at all.
Also, not mentioned in the owners' manual, the center armrest can slide out to 2 positions. The armrest is back when you can see the 2 pushbuttons. Just put your hand about 1 inch from the rear of the armrest and slide it forward.
Also not mentioned are the dry safe brakes. Look elsewhere on this thread for a more detailed description. You may have seen these described in the recent TV Cadillac ad.
Enjoy your new SRX.

#7 ·
paid4c4 said:
I had a 2012 SRX all weekend to try out and I must tell you the 3.6 makes a fine engine for the SRX. I found it had plenty of acceleration and cruised great at 70 MPH. I didn't have it long enough to make a determination about fuel economy. I'm not saying I was impressed with it but I pick up our new 2012 Premium, Red with chrome wheels tomorrow.
Bill
Bill,

Congratulations on your purchase! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

#8 ·
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
Bill,

Congratulations on your purchase! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Tricia, Thank you for the comments and offer to assist with any questions or concerns. I must tell you that my dealer Tompson-MacConnell Cadillac have been most attentive down to the smallest detail, their attitude has been most refreshing. I left GM because of poor customer relations combined with a "I don't care" attitude. I must say post bankruptcy there seems to be a different attitude and better quality products. So far this transaction has been enjoyable, imagine that an enjoyable new car purchase! CJ MacConnell was excellent to deal with and very product knowledgable. It feels good to be back in the GM family.
Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.