GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my dealer sold my first 2011 Terrain by mistake when it came in, I reordered and the deal was a 2012 for the same price. It finally arrived and coming from a 2005 Chevy Equinox, i"m blown away! The forums scared me away from the 4 cyl and I hope I don't regret that as milage is important, but I live in upstate NY and do a lot of hill and thruway driving. Quicksilver with brownstone inside with the now $800 Navigation which I'm very happy with, even as a dedicated Garmin owner.....I can send directions from Google Maps to my car via Onstar and off I go!! I was worried that Delayed Locking wasn't available but its in Personalization.....I'm a geek and it is overwhelming to figure out all the controls......but have my iPhone integrated with the touchscreen, charging simultaneously, using my addressbook although some names are missing and playing songs from the phone.

2012 SLT2, Nav, Brownstone with Quicksilver, 6cyl, trailering

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
Congrats!

Couple of Qs... when a call comes in and the number is in your contacts, does the associated name show on the display? Is the new system capable of playing music from your phone wirelessly? i.e. stereo bluetooth.

Also, does the blind spot monitoring work well? How does the collision avoidance work? Audible alarms, visual when you approach another vehicle or is the system completely transparent? I find it strange that it has collision avoidance but not adaptive cruise control. Where is the radar unit located?

Thanks and enjoy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The number shows and a virtual voice says "You have a call from xxxx" It works very well....and you can put 30 numbers in favorites for easy hands free calling that has better voice recognition than the iPhone Voice Control, which you can access just by saying Voice.... Bear in mind Intellilink is not available till later in the year.....for music from the phone I connect it to the USB in the center storage compartment and it plays automatically with your playlists, artists, etc.....just phone calls are bluetooth.....the choices on the screen are USB, CD, and AUX

Collision avoidence flashes a light on the top of the center dash in a new window above the nav screen....it will also beep if it gets real scared.....its a good guide for not tailgating....it shows green car or red flashing if you come up on someone too close or fast....radar is in front of rearview mirror.....It seems more useful than the lane change system which gives false alarms and is harder to test safely....both toggle on/off from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal! I probably would have been thanking the dealer for selling the first one after taking delivery of a shiny new 2012 :thumb:

Love the delayed locking feature! We've used it consistently in our 07 SRX since we got it and I was very pleased that our (significantly cheaper) '11 Equinox also had the feature.

You'll have to keep us updated on if you experience any of the issues that have been plaguing the 2010/2011 owners. Assuming you don't (fingers crossed!) either you're one of the lucky ones or GM may have finally found a fix which will make many people here happy ;D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts