GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so devastated and mad!! I was at the GMC dealership yesterday to pick my husband's Denali Sierra up from an oil change and saw brand new 2012 Terrains on the lot.....SLT-2's with 18" chrome rims!!! :angryfire:

The ONLY thing I didn't opt for on my 2011 SLT-2 are the 19" chrome rims and I regret that SO BAD!!! I had said to the salesman and my husband...why can't they make it standard on the SLT if you're getting the chrome package???? Lo and behold....some Einstein must have had a revelation at GMC and realized the same thing!!! Now 18" chrome rims are standard!!! The 19" tires and chrome rims are still an option.

Sorry for rambling....Just venting....the only choice I have is to do after market rims or trade in my 2011 for a 2012....which is just stupid....

**** YOU GMC!!! LOL....SO BUMMED!!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your frustrations. I would like to assure you that your comments have been noted. Thank you for your feedback, and if you have any question in the future please feel free to contact me.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sure you will be able to get quote a good deal on some OEM rims second hand. I wouldn't mind selling mine if I could find some aftermarket rims I liked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I am sorry to hear about your frustrations. I would like to assure you that your comments have been noted. Thank you for your feedback, and if you have any question in the future please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for the response....i understand that each year the make and model will be "improved" and "tweaked".....but this was just a bummer to me..

Do you know if I can get the 2012 18" chrome rims through my GMC dealer for my 2011?

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
AllTerrainGirl said:
Do you know if I can get the 2012 18" chrome rims through my GMC dealer for my 2011?
For a price, you can get anything - but I suspect that you will be shocked at what the dealer's price will be. You may be better to keep an eye on EBay, unless money is no object.

·
Registered
482 Posts
RIT333 said:
For a price, you can get anything - but I suspect that you will be shocked at what the dealer's price will be. You may be better to keep an eye on EBay, unless money is no object.
+1

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
AllTerrainGirl said:
Thanks for the response....i understand that each year the make and model will be "improved" and "tweaked".....but this was just a bummer to me..

4 - 18" x 7.5" (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm) chrome-clad aluminum rims are available for the SLE-2, SLT-1, and included on the SLT-2 for the 2012 Terrain. 4 - 19" x 7.5" (48.3 cm x 19.1 cm) chrome-clad aluminum wheels are also available on the SLE-2, SLT-1, and SLT-2 but require the (LFW) 3.0L V6 SIDI engine. We also offer a dealer add-on, limited production option of 4 - 19" (48.3 cm) Chrome wheels and tires, includes P235/50R19 BW99H Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires, 4 chrome center caps with GMC logo, chrome wheel lock and nut package and 4 snap-in tire pressure monitors. This also requires the (LFW) 3.0L V6 SIDI engine and is not available with Fleet or Government order types. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Are those 18" wheels in that picture? The ones I saw on the lot recently looked different. They were five spoke and chrome but they were designed different. Those look lke the standard option but chromed...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Phantm006 said:
Are those 18" wheels in that picture? The ones I saw on the lot recently looked different. They were five spoke and chrome but they were designed different. Those look lke the standard option but chromed...
17" WHEELS...

·
Registered
749 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
17" WHEELS...
I figured as much. Seem's like the orginal poster wuoted them as 18" wheels. Just wanted to make sure. I posted pics of the new 18" standard wheels.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
I was just trying to put in perspective, GMs prices for wheels and tires, just to let the OP be prepared for a healthy price.

·
Registered
749 Posts
RIT333 said:
I was just trying to put in perspective, GMs prices for wheels and tires, just to let the OP be prepared for a healthy price.
Agreed, I test drove a V6 one with the special ordered wheels. But for almost $4000 you can get alot bigger wheel and tires if you chose to do so. The price for theose wheels is ridiculous and the ride is very harsh. They look nice though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Phantm006 said:
Agreed, I test drove a V6 one with the special ordered wheels. But for almost $4000 you can get alot bigger wheel and tires if you chose to do so. The price for theose wheels is ridiculous and the ride is very harsh. They look nice though.
I have the V6 engine on my SLT2 and AGREED!! the price of $4,000 is REEEEEDICULOUS for the 19" rims and tires....It makes me feel a little better that you think the ride is harsher...that was one of the reasons my husband didn't want me to get them because I was raving about how smooth and comfortable the ride was with my 18" tires....and the gas mileage would suffer.....oh well, guess I should just be happy with what i have right? I just really love the look of the chrome rims.... :banghead:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts