Did you solve the issue?I have a 2011 Terrain SLT and one day the radio screen went black when restarted the car after a trip to a store. No radio, screen or controls, steering wheel controls do not work either. Able to change AC controls but can not see what temp is set too or can speed. Tried changing the radio and display fuses, radio did not have a fuse in the slot. Added a fuse to it and try turning car on and off, nothing has worked. This happened a few weeks ago and since the screen had come back on and went back out by itself. Car has almost 100k miles on it and had no issues with the radio or screen before. Any ideas to look into fixing?
Did you get the problem solved Cesar?I am having a similar problem with my 2012 terrain. As always, the dealer has never heard of the problem but yet i read about similar or same problems here. My own is as follows. And to be clear, I've had my Terrain for 5 years and this is the 1st time I've experienced this radio problem. I have SiriusXM and it's a 6 cylinder model.
1) Radio comes on when i start the car and then suddenly dies to a complete black screen. It doesn't respond to the on/off button. It might come back on within a few seconds or a few minutes or not at all.
2) Radio comes on at start up but the stations (favorites) do not show up nor does it show time, temperature or blue tooth connection. Then it might cycle like problem #1.
3) Radio comes on at start up but doesn't show temperature or time but shows radio favorites on bottom.
4) Radio screen goes completely black and doesn't come back in regardless of what buttons i push. Then input it in reverse and the backup camera appears but without the guide lines.
5) When some portion of the radio is on and input it in reverse, the guidelines appear ok.
6) Sometimes pushing the source or favorite key will wake the radio up from the dead. It might come back completely or like symptom #1 or #2.
7) Regardless of the state of the screen, it can go on and off whenever it feels like it.
I hope that this is enough diagnostic information for the GMC expert to look at this and get back with me on where to look for issues. Certainly I'm going to have to guide the dealer on solving the problem. As a side note, i spent 35 years in the computer industry and am entirely familiar with diagnostic techniques and problem troubleshooting in both hardware and software. Best i can tell there might be a cold solder joint or loose connection somewhere. Screen works ok so that's not the problem. Can i replace the radio electronics or is it integrated on some other component. Please help