GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by my dealer yesterday that the Blind Spot and Collision avoidence features are only available with the 6 cylinder engine....can anyone verify or offer more info on the 2012 packages? They couldn't bring up the prices yet on their ordering software. I'm also looking for a confirmation that the navigation option has been reduced to $800. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was told something similar: the blind spot warning is standard on upscale models but the Forward Collision Avoidance technology is only available in the highest level trim with V-6.

I don't believe any prices have been announced, so anything you read about that is likely speculation.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Strangely I didn't see any mention of these features in the order guide... are blind spot and collision avoidance set in stone as features for the '12s?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
The Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning appear to be an available option for the 2012 Equinox LTZ. The 2.4L DOHC 4-cylinder SIDI engine is standard on all trim levels. The 3.0L DOHC, V6 SIDI is available for the 1LT, 2LT, and LTZ. Therefore, at this time, it looks as if you can get either engine with the option. I hope this helps.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
The Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning appear to be an available option for the 2012 Equinox LTZ. The 2.4L DOHC 4-cylinder SIDI engine is standard on all trim levels. The 3.0L DOHC, V6 SIDI is available for the 1LT, 2LT, and LTZ. Therefore, at this time, it looks as if you can get either engine with the option. I hope this helps.

Then, conversely, will these options be available only on SLT-2 Terrains?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:

Thats a bunch of bollards. Those were some features I was looking forward too and was going to trade in my 2010. Now it seems the only new option left is the touch screen. The LTZ is out of the question because of the leather, dont want to get that torn all up when I have the dogs in the car.

·
Registered
698 Posts
cottonseed said:
Thats a bunch of bollards. Those were some features I was looking forward too and was going to trade in my 2010. Now it seems the only new option left is the touch screen. The LTZ is out of the question because of the leather, dont want to get that torn all up when I have the dogs in the car.
This kind of option'ing isn't uncommon for automakers... GM isn't the first to do this and won't be the last.

I don't disagree though... safety options shouldn't be available only on the top range trim level. These two options aren't enough to get me out of my '10. Give me passive entry/start and a panoramic roof in a Denali trim level and I'll be good to go.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Oh those options are not enough to make me jump to a newer model either, but its enough to make me think. Right now I have 68,000 miles on the clock and the trade in value is more then what I owe. If I do jump to a 2012 I will be starting fresh again, except for an additional 2 years of payments. The only option I didnt get with my 2010 and I kind of regret sometimes is the NAV, this time around if its only a $800 option as rumored I may treat myself too it. But there is alot of if's if I even decided to upgrade to a newer model. I am seeing alot of people having issues with later production dates then mine is and mine is treating me pretty good, I dont want to jinx it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
^ Wow with that mileage I'm surprised that you have equity in it. Must have put a lot down.

You might want to consider waiting to see what the '13s will bear out. There is rumoured to be a mild freshening to the platform then. Personally, I need a couple of more tech features before I consider trading (on a Terrain - other brands are fair game should they strike my fancy lol)

I can't wait to see how they've improved the infotainment system. Like better phonebook integration... maybe system-read text messages... sky's the limit!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote from: Chevrolet Customer Svc on Today at 10:33:54 AM

"Thats a bunch of bollards. Those were some features I was looking forward too and was going to trade in my 2010. Now it seems the only new option left is the touch screen. The LTZ is out of the question because of the leather, dont want to get that torn all up when I have the dogs in the car."

This reply to Tricia seems to be a non-sequitar as I understand it......Tricia says the options ARE available with the 4 cylinder Equinox.....I interpret that as portending good news regarding the Terrain....which by the way I had ordered a 2011 AWD SLT2 in early April and I found out last week the dealer sold it to someone else "by mistake" when it came in, so now I have to wait for the 2012's.....lets say I 'm less than happy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Forward Accident Avoidance option being available with the V-6 only was on the dealer's ordering software issued to them by GM. I have not seen it anywhere else, either, but my sales guy swears it is limited to the V-6 on his ordering software.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Spiritman said:
Quote from: Chevrolet Customer Svc on Today at 10:33:54 AM

"Thats a bunch of bollards. Those were some features I was looking forward too and was going to trade in my 2010. Now it seems the only new option left is the touch screen. The LTZ is out of the question because of the leather, dont want to get that torn all up when I have the dogs in the car."

This reply to Tricia seems to be a non-sequitar as I understand it......Tricia says the options ARE available with the 4 cylinder Equinox.....I interpret that as portending good news regarding the Terrain....which by the way I had ordered a 2011 AWD SLT2 in early April and I found out last week the dealer sold it to someone else "by mistake" when it came in, so now I have to wait for the 2012's.....lets say I 'm less than happy.
And you reordered from the same dealer???? They would have lost my business... It's not like these are in short supply anymore.. JMO

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Spiritman said:
If you would like to forward your concerns regarding the dealership, please feel free to contact me. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me either on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts