GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the dealer getting my oil changed (they gave me a few free ones ) I was bored so I was rolling the lot, and saw a nice 2012 Black Granite Nox 2LT, and sure enough it had Leather!
When I bought my 1LT I never had the chance to sit in a 2LT or LTZ with Leather and at the time there was none in my State that was Black Granite.
I made the mistake of sitting in this 2LT, and WOW what a huge difference in the seating. So soft and comfortable I almost cried lol

The only 2 complaints I ever have with my Nox is the hard cloth seating and touch screen out of reach. When I sat in that NOX with Leather I was regretting so much on getting just the cloth lol
When I bought mine I guess I was thinking usually its not that much a difference unless its a high end luxury car. My wife's Malibu LTZ has nice Leather, but its still not as comfortable as the Nox leather I experienced.

So Those of you that have leather in your Nox's I congratulate you. Trust me you are not missing the rock hard cloth seats lol

I am officially scorned now and I am curious how much it would cost for these seats, the sticker said $800 for the leather. More likely I won't put em in, but if for some luck reason if I ever came across a full black leather set I would get em.

I am sure they are big $$ since there is a AirBag built in.

Anyone have the part numbers or know how much $$?

Has anyone ever done a swap? Anyone wanna trade lol

I am sure this would prob void my warranty if I did swap seats and if not done by a dealership. But we all know $$$$ for that.

I looked at Ebay seen a few black leather ones but no complete set.

Also I found these aftermarket ones from Katzkin, but they are pricey, I wonder if they are better than factory or more comfortable. They better be for the price.

http://www.katzkin.com/interiorselec...=1326320956949

I still Love my Nox though :) Just next time I am gonna just get a freakin fully loaded Nox LTZ lol

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Swapping out the seats wouldn't void your warranty...except maybe if you took it to the dealer for a problem specifically involving the seats. I have the titanium leather seats and they are fine..but nothing special. You might check some wrecking yards in your area that part out..

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
Actually, while the factory leather is very nice, the Katzkin ones are awesome. They are very soft. If you really want them, save your money, and get them - providing you plan to keep your vehicle long enough to justify the purchase. Otherwise, live with it, and make a different decision next time. This is the exact reason why I went for an LTZ - I had regrets from my last purchase !

·
Registered
249 Posts
This is why I made sure to try leather before deciding what to get inside. There was no going back to cloth after.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i have a black granite with 2 tone leather and love it.

having said that the dealer can order the skins and install them. i heard it is like $1200 for the whole package.

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool thanks for all the info everyone! :thumb: Yea for sure next purchase I will truly get everything I want installed already. But thats how it goes, I gusse haha, am glad I bought my Nox when I did, it has come in handy since that day and I love it, just not the seats lol But I plan on keeping this past 100k (hope it lasts that long :)

Yea I figured it wouldn't void my warranty, just obviously if I ever had an issue with the seats they wouldn't be covered which is fine, the comfort is worth the risk.

I really looked at the Katzskin, the perforated leather ones are shown at $2,295 on their site, a little steep but I am sure they are nice and breathable leather is a plus in AZ. Heck $1200 installed is nice, I will call the dealer and check so I can give the forum a better sense of what they are asking. Factory ones look breathable as well.

I called around some junkyards, seems like alot of people must drive their Nox carefully or other cars avoid them, because I only found one LS Nox and that was it for 2010 and up

I will check the ebay one out too!

Thanks for the feedback again!

·
Registered
361 Posts
bowtieman said:
I called around some junkyards, seems like alot of people must drive their Nox carefully or other cars avoid them, because I only found one LS Nox and that was it for 2010 and up
CA has a bunch of them. just watch CL. i use a program called Craigslist reader pro. i can search anywhere in the country in any category and save my searches.

GL :thumb:

oh and yes the factory 2 tone seats are perf.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've installed Katzkin leather seats in my Corolla, not nearly as nice as my wife's Terrain SLT2 leather. I guess it depends on which level of interior you buy from Katzkin. As far as the seat airbag goes the leather skins have a special stitiching in airbag areas that tears apart easy for deployment; so the airbags will work just fine... they even come with a tag on that edge that says "airbag"

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an LT1 and of course leather is not an option at that trim level. I went through the dealer and got the Classic Soft Trim done in two-tone with the red contrasting stitching. I know allot of people like Katskinz but I didn't care for the way they did their stitching. Is was about $1595 before tax. Still cheaper than going up a trim level and then paying for the option.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Swedish71 said:
I have an LT1 and of course leather is not an option at that trim level. I went through the dealer and got the Classic Soft Trim done in two-tone with the red contrasting stitching. I know allot of people like Katskinz but I didn't care for the way they did their stitching. Is was about $1595 before tax. Still cheaper than going up a trim level and then paying for the option.
Did they leave the factory foam and just replace the outside cover with leather? If so is it still hard and soft to the touch? Or did they redo the cushion with comfortable foam and nice soft leather? Any pics? Seems like te factory foam on these nox seats are rock solid lol seems the factory leather seats i sink in and feels nice an comfortable.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fyi i just took my Nox out for its first road trip this weekend. Drove awesome but everyones back and bottoms hurt lol So i am gonna have to do something about these seats. Thinking of some comfortable seat covers as a cheap resolution but some just look cheap and they get loose over time. Anyone have any luck with good seat covers?

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Jenniebeeb said:
I didn't even look at the SRXs except for online, but now I'm wondering how the seats are different...I mean I assume they'd be slightly different because it's a more luxe brand, but now I want to sit in them too - lol

Are the Seats in the Nox and the Terrain the same? So far I am liking the ones in my Terrain very well :)
my 2 tone leather seats are the same that are in the terrain.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Jenniebeeb said:
I didn't even look at the SRXs except for online, but now I'm wondering how the seats are different...I mean I assume they'd be slightly different because it's a more luxe brand, but now I want to sit in them too - lol

Are the Seats in the Nox and the Terrain the same? So far I am liking the ones in my Terrain very well :)
I never sat in a Leather equipped Terrain or Nox, so I cannot comment on the comparison.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NODES said:
I sat in a 2011 SRX and those leather seats are amazing....
Nodes what have you done lol I made the mistake of sitting on the leather versions of Nox and Terrain and am stained for life haha. I am sure the SRX are amazing as well!
Actually after a few road trips, I now have about 5k on the Nox and must say the seats are getting softer.
I mean you can still bouce a quarter off em lol but they are getting better.

I prob won't get seat covers since when i transfer from Seat to wheelchair i always drag them off , even the ones that tie down good. Oh well i will just tough it out with mine and if i come across some factory ones or save $1200 for some custom ones locally I might do it in the future. Either way if i go leather i wish they were cooled seats since the AZ heat can be brutal and you pretty much stick to leather in the summer. I do like how the factory Nox seats are perforated, anything helps!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts