GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is. I finally had the time to install the 8mm Aluminum grille i purchased. The first one came dented, I contaced the seller and he replaced it with another one. No additional cost to me. From the options available from this seller. I chose the 8mm style because of the thicker horizontal bars.

Order Details:
ebay seller: truckrestyling88
cost: $69 shipped, plus CA tax 7.25%

To install the top grille, I needed to drill some holes into the OEM plastic grille, 6 to be exact.
The screws that came with the kit are crappy and stripped easily.

This is marketed for a 2010/2011 Equinox, but since there is little change from 11 to 12. I decided to order it.
Instructions are not that great, all they provide are mounting points.
I used the instructions for the TREX Mesh billet grille PDF install to install this. Here -->http://www.carid.com/images/eg-classics/grilles/pdf/eg-classics-1336-0102-10-installation-instructions.pdf
[/color]

I also got some silver vinyl to cover the yellow bow tie. The vinyl was simple to install.
(my teenage son cut the grass and didnt broom up under the car.)

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
F'ing Sweet! :thumb:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry...not feeling it. I'm more of the subtle look, like stock in this case.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I like it. Looks good!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! My wife loves it. The OEM black plastic doesnt look right to me so that was the first thing I ordered.
I would have gotten a silver Nox if it wasnt for my Outlook, which is silver. I think Mocha steel is a great color.

Chrome door handles and Chrome Roof Rack covers are next on the list of parts to order. The misses likes "shiny/chrome" and this is her baby.

Got a couple of scratches on my forearms(didnt wear long sleeves to install) from the plastic on the oem grill. Just glad I didnt have to take the whole front off to install it.

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts