GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put on the specified hitch will the cover that is in place now go back on and cover the receiver?

On my GMC Acadia the cover did go back on an dress the appearance. It looks to me that may not be the case with the LTZ.

btk

·
Registered
673 Posts
billethkid said:
If I put on the specified hitch will the cover that is in place now go back on and cover the receiver?

On my GMC Acadia the cover did go back on an dress the appearance. It looks to me that may not be the case with the LTZ.

btk
nope you can cut around the hitch like some have done.

·
Registered
67 Posts
NODES said:
nope you can cut around the hitch like some have done.
I wonder if the closeout cover would fit if the receiver neck was modified shorter? I have been trying to find pics of one to see how far out it extends in relation to the factory closeout on the bumper. We have a 2013 LTZ on preliminary order with my dealer without the trailering package because of this fact.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have an 1 1/4" Curt aftermarket hitch on my 2012 EQ after having it on a 2010 that was totaled. It is not very noticable compared to other vehicles. You can get an rubber insert to go into the receiver to clean it up a little bit. I have never seen the receiver poking out through a cut out on the the middle piece that you have to remove. That might look strange.
By the way, I have been in two vehicles that have been rear ended with a trailer hitch installed. The hitch GREATLY reduces the damage to your vehicle and transfers it all to the idiot who hit you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts