GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2012nox 1lt no fog lights and would like to add them any one have a link on where I can but them or can I take it to the dealer. When I asked the dealer he didn't really give me an answer. I have had it 2 months now and want to get rid of the black covers where they should be

·
Registered
673 Posts
You can install them yourself.

I guess if you bought genuine GM ones online, you could have the dealer install them, but I assume it will be quite pricey.

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Search this forum. There is a ton of info on installing fogs on the Equinox.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Type in Foglights then hit search, This should help you in regards to installing Fog lights &getting the Bezels & Fog llights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I searched the site and maybe I'm missing something but not seeing 2012 bezels or fogs. I'll keep trying

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Mikesnox said:
I searched the site and maybe I'm missing something but not seeing 2012 bezels or fogs. I'll keep trying
Remove "2012" from your Search. The 2010-2012 will all be the same.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
To give you a reason why the dealer didn't give you an answer....GM decided not to pre-wire the LS/1LT for foglights. What this means is that you don't have the needed wiring behind your plastic inserts...and adding foglights won't be a simple plug and play operation. There are many solutions people have come up with such as wiring them to the current lighting and having them always on (not a good thing imo) or running a separate wiring harness and having an on/off switch mounted somewhere in the interior.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I'm able to doit myself. Just want to fine a place to buy them and make sure I get the right thing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Check around on this forum. several people have done just what you want to do.

I still can't get over the fact that the American version of the 1Lt has no fogs but the Canadian version does. ???

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Mikesnox said:
Thanks. I'm able to doit myself. Just want to fine a place to buy them and make sure I get the right thing.
Hey man i will send u a personal message on everything u need part number and hardware wise. I am currently writing up a how to and video as well for the forum. Just doing video editing so it can be a great resource for this forum and help others on this forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
bowtieman said:
Hey man i will send u a personal message on everything u need part number and hardware wise. I am currently writing up a how to and video as well for the forum. Just doing video editing so it can be a great resource for this forum and help others on this forum!
Can you please send me pm too? I also have 1lt 2012 nox same as yours.:)

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
mmmbot said:
Can you please send me pm too? I also have 1lt 2012 nox same as yours.:)
Done and sent! My video should be up next week regarding the how to install on the DIY thread so people can see how this is done!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I am in the process of writing a full DIY how to with video, just editing everything now. So that there can be a one stop shop
post on this subject.

But i am happy to help and share info, even in another thread as this.

Here is the info I have so far to help people get started at least. Stay tuned to my upcoming post.

----------------------------------------

GM part numbers you will need:

Driver Side Chrome Fog Light Bezel: # 20847185
Retail Price $50.00 Online price$33-37

Passenger Side Chrome Fog Light Bezel: # 20847186
Retail Price $50.00 Online price$33-37

Fog Lamps 2 of them: #10335108
Retail Price $115.45each Online price:$74-$85each

Online prices vary depending on what site you go on, I recommend fastgmparts.com or oemparts123.com , many other members on this forum have their choice place to buy from online. Usually shipping on these Bezel’s is around $6-$10. I would stay away from GMpartsdirect insane shipping. I bought mine from a local Chevy dealer so did not have to pay shipping, just asked if they could match fastgmparts.com total with shipping and a little less and they were able to do it after some haggling and other dealer price match, took a few phone calls, but it was worth it, one dealer even had in stock. That’s how I get most of my parts, if dealer just wants to be tough to work with I have ordered from Fastgmparts.com with no issues.

For the fog lights, you don’t have to get factory, the aftermarket ones I have herd are just as good, and they have buy it now’s on ebay from $59-$65 max with free shipping. Plus some come with bulbs and sometimes even bulb harness. Just search the part number 10335108 or since there are many GM vehicles that use this same Fog, search 07-2010 Impala or 06-08 Malibu. Once again I lucked out on ebay and found 2 separate auctions and got em both for under $40 new factory ones. I didn’t care to much if they didn’t have a harness since I am not wiring these anyway. Just for looks member lol.

Here is the link I found for another member did the removal.

http://www.srxforum.net/index.php?topic=1432.0

Thanks
Ken

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
As far as wiring them up I am still reserching to see the best cost effective way. I will not be hooking them up on mine
just going for looks. but this info should help those who want to hook them up. Once again I will have this all gathered in my
upcoming post on the how to.

So for hooking up the lights you can do it a few ways, I have seen people do the toogle switch method which is a extra switch under the dash, some people mount it in a hidden place, looks pretty good. Here is a forum on a dude that hooked it up this way.
Here is the thread: http://www.srxforum.net/index.php?topic=3492.0

The other method is prob the most expensive way, but if you can afford it props to you. MochaNox is his tag on this forum and he did the entire new turn signal switch bezel since the fogs on the ltz are on the turn singal and light controls.
Here is his post on this, very interesting he even did a video to show the end result, but not the step by step process. It cost him over $500 or more and he had a resource for someone to reprogram the BCM on his nox.

Its a 5 page thread with good info, and if your really consider doing it, you can personal message MochaNox i am sure he can give you more detail. The thread does explain what he went through and has video on page 5
http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=1986.0

hope that helps!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Just a comment on the fog lights. I use them anytime I drive at night. That's obviously not their intended purpose BUT they make such a big difference lighting up the area around the front of the vehicle that they seem much safer to use most of the time to me.

Now, I have the LTZ with the projector beams so I don't know if they make that big of a difference on the standard lights but on the projectors they do. The fogs work very well.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
Just a comment on the fog lights. I use them anytime I drive at night. That's obviously not their intended purpose BUT they make such a big difference lighting up the area around the front of the vehicle that they seem much safer to use most of the time to me.

Now, I have the LTZ with the projector beams so I don't know if they make that big of a difference on the standard lights but on the projectors they do. The fogs work very well.

I have HID projectors and still use the Fogs, they do make a bit more difference. I use them all the time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts