GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

2012 LS - I can't get into Vehicle Settings. Ideas?

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  tpteach 
#1 ·
Hello all -

Just bought a 2012 Equinox LS - very excited. I'm enjoying it's features. When I was at the lot, the salesman went through some configurations with me. We chose to not have the horn beep when I clicked unlock. Now, though, I want to change that - and some other settings. However, when I go to the Configure menu and click "Vehicle Settings" the screen says "not available in this ignition mode".

What does that mean and how do I get into my Vehicle Settings?

Help please! Thanks!

#4 ·
The key has to be turned to the ON position. Turn two "clicks". Just before Ignition.

#7 ·
Update. Just tried on mine a little while ago. Its two clicks[/color] to the right.
Tried accessing without key, got the same "not available in this ignition mode". Tried one click, same error. Tried two clicks to right and the screen came up.

Good luck.
JCarm75

#8 ·
Thanks JCarm - That did it. Bizarre that it can only be done in THAT ignition setting. At any rate, I went in to change a particular setting: Lock Car and lights AND horn flash. However, it says it's already in that mode. But - the horn does not go off at all when I lock the car. And I clicked it off and then on again (the setting) and still only lights flash.

So - if anyone out there has an idea about that, I'm all ears. Again - thanks JCarm!

#9 ·
1 click on remote lock button locks the car (no beep/honk sound, but doors do lock). 2 clicks on the remote lock button makes the car beep/honk and you can keep pressing it to lock and it will beep/honk on every additional click of the button.

My 09 Outlook is the same way.

JCarm75

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.