GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dealer just got a 2012 Terrain in and I had a chance to take a look at it.

When messing with it, i was unable to locate where you could access Pandora on the unit. Nor was i able to successfully use Bluetooth audio(A2DP).

Maybe because it was an SLE-1, but that shouldn't matter with the same head unit.

Anyone out there get a chance to mess with a head unit with everything working?

P.S. I also saw mentioned one time that the bin below the stereo would have inductive charging built in....is there anyone who can confirm this? Thanks!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I doubt it would have inductive charging. There aren't many devices that could take advantage of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Phantm006 said:
I doubt it would have inductive charging. There aren't many devices that could take advantage of it.
I wrote to Powermat. This is what they wrote back...
"The Chevy Volt will be the first of GM vehicles to launch with the Powermat integration starting in 2012. The integration will expand through the line but we do not know which vehicles or when as of now."

·
Registered
289 Posts
rutger1413 said:
regardless, I still didnt see Pandora on the head unit.
I think you need to have the cell phone linked to see it. As I understand, you need a smart phone with a full data plan to give the Pandora access to the radio.

I'm still trying to find a 2012 manual to verify that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did link my phone to it to test it out via Bluetooth. I have a vzw Droid X, which requires a data plan.

I looked in the manual and didn't see anything on Pandora or streaming over Bluetooth audio.

If it is missing these features, the only difference is that it will have a nice screen vs previous model years. I am becoming less and less impressed with the Terrain/Equinox as i see more issues with the mechanicals and poor gas mileage reports.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got off the phone with the sales person I was dealing with. He got in touch with the GM rep and they stated that the Intellilink radio system will not be included until the fall production run. The first production run of the 2012's will come without Intillilink.

So along with the above post about power mat, it looks like we wont see Pandora, inductive charging, etc. until sometime later this fall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a 2012 and my salesman said that you would be able to upgrade once it comes out. I hope he's right because I couldn't wait to buy as my car was done for. Anyone else have any insight on this?

·
Registered
978 Posts
pattypsu said:
Anyone else have any insight on this?
NEVER...EVER...believe a salesperson :facepalm:

I do hope for your sake it ends up being correct however

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
NEVER...EVER...believe a salesperson :facepalm:

I do hope for your sake it ends up being correct however
LIie the old saying...

How can you tell if a salesperson is lying ?

Their lips are moving !!!

:eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is the exact dilemma I'm struggling with... Order without and hope for an upgrade later or wait it out? I'm working with two different dealers and they have conflicting info. One dealer says availability won't be until January, but there's a good chance it could be dealer installed later. The other says October, but doesn't believe it can be added later. Finally, we have GMC National reps who don't have any info at all (some never even heard of the technology)! This all too frustrating! All I'm asking for is enough info to make an informed decision...

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah you get a different answer every time. Chatting with someone on gmc.com they said they didn't think they could upgrade later that it had to be done at manufacture. But then they said that they didn't really know that the info they had was very vague. I would love to get an answer, but I would think that having the computer that there should be a way to upgrade once it's out. I can see it not being possible with a 2011 because the computer isn't there. I guess I'm really just hoping that there is an upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I placed an order for a 2012 Terrain SLT-2 Monday and asked specifically about Pandora and basically got a "what are you talking about?" response. My sales guy asked the sales manager who said something about streaming it through his phone hooked into the system. Obviously, they had no clue. While I hope it is upgradeable, I was not going to let that stop me from going ahead and placing my order. Hopefully, the accurate information will get posted here at some point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any way of telling yet if the 2012 touch screen would be a upgrade that a 2011 could take on? Definatly would like to try getting that into my 2011!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I got to look at it, there was a place in the system for it to be upgraded. Im not certain that they will be able ot be upgraded, but it seems likely.

2011 being able to be retrofitted for the 2012 doesnt seem out of the ordinary. It would be worth a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rutgers - what do you mean there was a place to upgrade? Like an option in the software menu to upgrade? Was it the radio with or without Nav?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In the menus in the system there was a place that said software upgrade. I do remember somewhere in the intellilink presentation where they said you could upgrade the system via USB, so it seems likely.

The system was a non nav.

·
Registered
20 Posts
On my 2012 that is 4 days old, there is no Pandora on the Nav screen.....however I CAN stream pandora from my iPhone if its plugged into the USB slot, and Car Talk, All things Considered, etc from NPR app....anything that will play on the phone will come through the car speakers....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts