GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone, I recently made the jump to buy a GMC Terrain (Honestly one of the best decisions so far). However, On the ride back to my home state the driver side windshield wiper malfunctioned and will "limply" move while the passenger side will move normally. I can attach a video if it helps but I'm wondering if its something an amateur can fix/replace or should I go to a mechanic?

I searched around and This guy has the same problem as me I believe however, I think it's the "connecting rod".

·
Registered
458 Posts
There is an extended service campaign related to the windshield wipers on the Terrains and Equinoxes. Depending on vehicle mileage, and how responsive your dealer is, you may be able to get this fixed by the dealer at no cost. You would want to call them first and verify your eligibility and their willingness to cover this before going in.

Otherwise, if you are handy, you could attempt to repair it yourself with a new wiper linkage and transmission. The part is around $60 online (probably $150 for the part at a dealer, not including the labor to install it), but you would need to remove the wipers and the windshield cowling to gain access to the old linkage in order to remove it and replace it with the new one.

Here is a YouTube video of the process:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I received the letter for the "extended wiper transmission warranty" for my 2014 Equinox in Dec. 2019.
GM will cover the repair for 10 years from the date the vehicle was put into service, OR 150,000 miles whichever occurs first.
See your dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there everyone, I recently made the jump to buy a GMC Terrain (Honestly one of the best decisions so far). However, On the ride back to my home state the driver side windshield wiper malfunctioned and will "limply" move while the passenger side will move normally. I can attach a video if it helps but I'm wondering if its something an amateur can fix/replace or should I go to a mechanic?

I searched around and This guy has the same problem as me I believe however, I think it's the "connecting rod".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts