GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last couple I’ve had issues with my radio and controls in my Terrain. Took it dealer and paid $145 for a update to radio. But dealer said there is something wrong with radio. And I will need new radio for $1500 plus labor ? WTH ? They couldn’t diagnose problem? I paid $145 to diagnose ? Sometimes radio works and has tried to download a update from 2013 and the update seems to work for while then radio will shut off and fail. Well radio buttons didn’t work this morning but when service person looked at it radio was working fine. Seen others have had issues and have gone thru numerous replacement radios. Well I have a extended warranty but not sure if it will be covered. Don’t understand because one of the screens changed from instaneous to fuel consumption which is different wording. And the update shows it was from 2013 when my car was under warranty. Strange that it doesn’t work now the my Terrain is out of warranty. Does GMC really know what the problem is and doesn’t want to tell us for 4 years?? Well my radio works but for how long as the dealer checks for extended warranty coverage. And this radio module covers other things in vechicle. And I’m out $145 no diagnoses ? Wait a minute isn’t that the reason I paid the money to diagnose it ? But radio is working. Don’t know why it’s tried to download at least three times?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts