·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Picture is not impressing me much. Black grill and holes in rocker panel doesn't do much for me. The less chrome crowd will like it though. ;D
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Relax... that's an old article. The rocker panel 'holes' are where the Denali-specific skirts would attach. The grille would most definitely be chromed if this IS in fact the future Denali. This same 'mule' also was said to have a new square exhaust tip(s) as well. Somewhere I read that these changes might just be dealer accessories.

Note the little 'window' in the blacked out portion of the windshield next to the rear view? That's definitely something new... I don't have that on my loaded SLT-2. Maybe that's for next year's collision avoidance system.

What I don't see is the little square button on the door handle that would indicate passive entry.. a feature I'd like to see on the Denali along with a bigger sunroof. This mule seems to have just a regular sunroof.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hoping that this was just a very early version that was not "ready for prime time". There will be likely other items that come out for a Denali option. So far, it appears to be mostly a trim level. :mad:

I do like the grill, assuming it will be chrome. Hopefully that can be purchased direct from GM because it looks a lot nicer than the after-market "Denali' grilles I have seen.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I keep wondering if Buick will have a version of the Terrain.

The Rendezvous sold well- and they still dis-continued it. So who knows.

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
Buick is getting a version of the Cruze, so maybe that will help to fill out their line-up. A Buick Theta would be a nice addition, though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
dwendt44 said:
I keep wondering if Buick will have a version of the Terrain.

The Rendezvous sold well- and they still dis-continued it. So who knows.
Would make no sense to have a Buick version to the Terrain/Equinox since the Terrain is already marketed as an upscale compact-midsize crossover. But Buick is bring the Buick Encore whice is sized under the Terrain/Equinox so it does fill that hole rather nicely. That kind of thinking was old GM, not new GM. As for Enclave and Acadia sharing space, Enclave was ment to be upmarket from the Acadia then they added the Denali trim and added the Travese in 09 lol. But again, old GM thinking.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
No Buick version as they have GMC in nearly every dealer. They can do an Enclave as there is more room to push it up price point wise. There is little room for a more expensive Terrain as once you pass $40K there are many many other good choices out there.

GM lost at this game in the past and will not do it again. They already have too many models and we will see new come but some others be removed.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Cadillac has the upscale version of the Terrain. My sister-n-law bought one right after we got our Terrain. She's the sister married to a stock broker so they have to have the better version of whatever any of the other 3 sisters buy. ::)

My wife likes the Terrain better.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
GARYD said:
Cadillac has the upscale version of the Terrain. My sister-n-law bought one right after we got our Terrain. She's the sister married to a stock broker so they have to have the better version of whatever any of the other 3 sisters buy. ::)

My wife likes the Terrain better.
Just keep calling it an Equinox and it will bug her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts