GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
The high pressure fuel pump uses a magnetic actuator inside to cut off or turn up the fuel supply....The ECM uses the camshaft and the crankshaft position sensor
inputs to synchronize the actuator with the position of each of the three camshaft lobes. The ECM regulates fuel
pressure.
The high pressure fuel pump is like my least favorite part.... U really need part this to be 100% on these motors.. Did u use the install tool and reset the ecu? That thing isn't actuating for some reason.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The high pressure fuel pump uses a magnetic actuator inside to cut off or turn up the fuel supply....The ECM uses the camshaft and the crankshaft position sensor
inputs to synchronize the actuator with the position of each of the three camshaft lobes. The ECM regulates fuel
pressure.
The high pressure fuel pump is like my least favorite part.... U really need part this to be 100% on these motors.. Did u use the install tool and reset the ecu? That thing isn't actuating for some reason.
I did not. I will look into that procedure and follow up with it.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
Charging with jumper cables does not put much energy back into a dead battery. Just buy a new battery, and be done with it.

Reactions: christopherlompoc

·
Registered
260 Posts
Actually according to Hayes I guess it should b between 600 and 2176 psi! My bad last I checked mine I was at around 435 at idle... Haven't checked it @6k I guess it could get there I wouldn't replace it just yet. Fully charged battery needs to read at least 12.6 volts...rit is right tho and haynes says charge battery before going any further.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I actually looked up all ur symptoms separately everything says battery.... Idk how but yea and I'm guessing fuel pressure is high as result of injectors not firing they take high voltage to fire.. If u had those coils on top of the motor and crank with no plugs it should make a fireball.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I am going to double check the fuel pump installation and ensure that the camshaft is at base circle then replace the battery.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The p228d (high fuel rail pressure) and the fact that the motor cranked so easily without a jump mislead me into surmising the battery was fine and was likely a fuel issue.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Did u relieve the excess fuel pressure first? There's no return line. Haynes says pull fuel pump fuse and crank it to relieve pressure...idk if it will remove pressure from the rail...that code I believe is generic not specific to ur car a different scanner will also have pending codes probably.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I did relieve the excess fuel pressure and although the scanner does read the p228d code the malfunction indicator lamp is listed as not active.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts