GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Equinox with 20" Camaro RS wheels and tires. They bolt up with no clearance issues.

Is this the first time this has ever been done?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also what size tires? Have a set for sale local and was a done deal till I remember the Staggered part.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Would these look as good on the previous body style? I have an 07, are the offsets are the same between body styles?... pretty sure the 2011 style nox is quite larger

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
gaugeprower said:
Would these look as good on the previous body style? I have an 07, are the offsets are the same between body styles?... pretty sure the 2011 style nox is quite larger
Sorry, they won't fit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do all 18" and up 2011-2012 camaro rims fit in the 11-12 equinoxes? My fiancé really wants to sell the chrome 18" rims we got our ltz with and get some black rims for her black granite. I just don't know where to find rims that fit It other than tirerack, discount tire, etc

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
mikeysLTZ said:
Do all 18" and up 2011-2012 camaro rims fit in the 11-12 equinoxes? My fiancé really wants to sell the chrome 18" rims we got our ltz with and get some black rims for her black granite. I just don't know where to find rims that fit It other than tirerack, discount tire, etc
One word - Plastidip !

·
Registered
673 Posts
mikeysLTZ said:
the rims fit fine, the wider camaro tires might be a problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 20" Camaro wheels I put on are staggered. 8" wide in front and 9" in rear. Since my Equinox is AWD, I triple checked tire rack to make sure the stock tires had the same diameter, they do. The fronts are 245/45/20 and the rears are 275/40/20, with matched diameters.
They fit great and since the rear track on the equinox is slightly narrower than the front, the 30mm wider rear tire means that the tires are flush with the fenders in both front and rear. If you think about it, half of the 30mm width goes to the inside, half to the outside. Combined with the additional 5mm of offset in the rear wheel, it nets a 10mm additional projection in rear over the front. That's less than 1/2".
They really make the car look much better balanced between the body and the wheels. They complement the wheel arch flares in the body perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
DamonEllis said:
The 20" Camaro wheels I put on are staggered. 8" wide in front and 9" in rear. Since my Equinox is AWD, I triple checked tire rack to make sure the stock tires had the same diameter, they do. The fronts are 245/45/20 and the rears are 275/40/20, with matched diameters.
They fit great and since the rear track on the equinox is slightly narrower than the front, the 30mm wider rear tire means that the tires are flush with the fenders in both front and rear. If you think about it, half of the 30mm width goes to the inside, half to the outside. Combined with the additional 5mm of offset in the rear wheel, it nets a 10mm additional projection in rear over the front. That's less than 1/2".
They really make the car look much better balanced between the body and the wheels. They complement the wheel arch flares in the body perfectly.
i have staggered on my mbz and to be frank i hate that i cant rotate the tires. i have to pay to have the tires removed from the rims and then remounted to get a true rotation.

good luck otherwise and enjoy

·
Registered
673 Posts
I am thinking of going with a set but with 245/45/20 all around.

Not sure on the low profile tire though, will probably be a harsh ride.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i saw a set of these on CL with p-zeros. $650

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
DamonEllis said:
2012 Equinox with 20" Camaro RS wheels and tires. They bolt up with no clearance issues.

Is this the first time this has ever been done?
DamonEllis: These look awesome, thanks for the info. I was never considering changing the factory rims, but these rims look sharp and not too flashy. They look clean!
I wish they had some lowering kit for our Nox's, even a slight 1 inch 2 inch drop, with these rims would look killer! Put a V8 snd SS Nox is born lol i wish!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
NODES said:
There is a rare 19 inch rim not staggered that GM has for the Camaro as well, look very clean.
Really that would be cool to see! Any pics? Your saying the Camaro had em at one time or?

·
Registered
673 Posts
bowtieman said:
Really that would be cool to see! Any pics? Your saying the Camaro had em at one time or?

They still make them, but people usually opt for the 20's.

There should be a pic of a Terrain with them on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the center bore match perfectly with the Equinox center?? Was thinking it might be smaller.. looking to get a black set for my 2012 Terrain.. :thumb:

·
Registered
673 Posts
IronmanSLE said:
Does the center bore match perfectly with the Equinox center?? Was thinking it might be smaller.. looking to get a black set for my 2012 Terrain.. :thumb:

same size I believe or very close to it, 66.9mm

1 - 20 of 43 Posts